The Boston Celtics' Kyrie Irving commented on a replay video posted on Instagram and said the National Basketball Association officials have to review Pachulia's plays.
Pachulia, who had trailed the play, then fell directly on Westbrook's legs.
The Kiwi center was asked if his Oklahoma City Thunder would feel the need to retaliate in the same way a starting pitcher would be tasked with pelting an opposing batter for a prior transgression of a brushback pitch or an intentional hit-by-pitch in a game.
Pachulia also had a run-in with Westbrook last season following a hard foul - ruled a flagrant 1 - where he stood over Westbrook, leading Westbrook to say he would "get his ass back".
"I don't think Zaza is trying to hurt anybody", Durant said after practice on Sunday, as reported by the Mercury News.
Storm system brings flooding, freezing rain, snow to Midwest
A good portions of the Chicago area could experience a period of freezing rain/ sleet/wet snow this Tuesday evening/overnight. Jeff Colyer ordered the closure of state government through Thursday for nonessential employees in Shawnee County.
Westbrook was upset Saturday, and he seemed incredulous when a reporter asked him what happened on the play.
"Obviously, it was intentional", Westbrook said.
And his teammate, Paul George, agrees with Russ. "He is clumsy, don't get me wrong". Nobody pushed him. He aimed his fall. But I watched the tape. "That's Zaza making a Zaza play". A lot of big guys are.
Zaza, on the other hand, claimed that Nick Young's foot was caught behind his knee, pulling him down.
With several players piling in on Pachulia, teammate Kevin Durant has come out in defence of the 15-year man and disagrees that he was looking to hurt anybody. You still go to jail, I think, when you're texting and you end up killing somebody but may have not meant to do that. Pachulia and Westbrook had an incident last season in January.
- Why Mayawati Doesn't Want To Go To Rajya Sabha? Tejashwi Yadav Answers
- Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre Closed Amid Dispute With Israelis
- Rosenstein alerted White House two weeks ago on Kushner clearance issues
- Apple to reveal three iPhones, including largest ever, in September
- Five reasons why Liverpool will humble West Ham
- 7.5 magnitude quake strikes Papua New Guinea - USGS
- Woman held after vehicle strikes gates of The White House
- Champions League: Bayern Munich coach Heynckes hails poacher Muller's goal scoring ability
- Lionel Messi Makes Two Records His on Historic Night for Barcelona
- N elects Nawaz as 'Quaid for life', Shahbaz as interim president