Benzema set up Ronaldo's opening goal against Alaves with a stylish backheel and the first thing Real's all-time top scorer did after finding the net was to point towards Benzema, appearing to ask the supporters to show him more respect.
Ronaldo took his 2018 goal tally to 12 with a brace either side of a cool finish from Bale, whose long-term future at Madrid has been the subject of speculation this week.
Barcelona can open up a 10-point lead over Atletico Madrid when they host Girona later on Saturday, with Diego Simeone's capital club not playing until their Sunday visit to Sevilla.
But while Bale and his "BBC" counterparts Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema all found the net in this scintillating win, the Welshman played in a different role as Zidane tinkered with his side's shape ahead of the second leg of their Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
"Bale played a good game today, played the 90 minutes, in a position where he has not played recently".
Benzema was again the creator as Bale made it two less than a minute into the second period.
19-year-old boy martyred in unprovoked Indian firing along LoC
Local said that it was the heaviest shelling by Pak troops since ceasefire agreed by India and Pakistan in 2003 on LoC and International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir .
Coutinho had his moment to shine after Suarez's second goal when he curled home a brilliant strike from outside the area to make it 5-1 in the 66th. Benzema had snapped a run of almost three months without a league goal by scoring against Real Betis last weekend and was one of Real's best performers in their fifth consecutive win in all competitions. Toni Kroos, Marcelo, and Luka Modric are all expected to miss Saturday's game.
And Spanish website Don Balon say that, in the aftermath of Zidane's decision to omit him, Asensio has dropped a Chelsea bombshell on Isco.
"We want him to find his best form, then we'll see what we do in the coming games".
"They have played a good match, as did Lucas (Vazquez)".
With scant hopes of successfully defending its Liga title, Madrid is focused on repeating as the victor of the Champions League.
The 22-year-old recently impressed as Real came from behind to beat PSG 3-1 in the Champions League.
- Woman held after vehicle strikes gates of The White House
- Storm system brings flooding, freezing rain, snow to Midwest
- TAPI to cater Pakistan's growing energy needs: PM
- Watchdog group: Countries move too slowly against corruption
- Rosenstein alerted White House two weeks ago on Kushner clearance issues
- TSX, Dow push higher as loonie also gains ground
- Winter Olympics: What happened while you were sleeping
- Fernando Alonso excited by the McLaren MCL33
- Mexico Ferry Explosion: At Least 25 Injured As 'Fireball' Rips Through Ship
- How one tweet from Kylie Jenner cost Snapchat $1.3b