While addressing the media, Ahlawat said that the Pakistan Army is continuously carrying out ceasefire violations since February 19, but the army had swung into action and provided immediate relief to the villagers, including food, medicine, drinking water and provisioned sleeping bags.
Eyewitness told The Kashmir Monitor that Pakistan army made announcements through public address systems asking Sillikote and Tillawari residents to vacate their homes on Saturday morning.
The civil administration in Uri has established a control room in the area for affected people. "Indian Army is the worst army around the globe who targets innocent civilians including women, children and old men", PM Haider said while addressing a press conference in Islamabad few days ago.
UN Security Council to vote Saturday on Syria ceasefire
The final draft of the Swedish-Kuwait resolution orders the cease-fire to start 72 hours after the resolution' adoption. Medical charities say more than a dozen hospitals were hit, making it almost impossible to treat the wounded.
Meanwhile, Pakistan has accused India of killing 12 people in the area.
"The situation is tense", said Sub-Divisional Magistrate Dr Sagar D.
"Many families are staying back in their villages, but we have kept the facilities ready and also provided phone numbers for 24*7 help for anybody".
In the recent ceasefire violation incidents have left four security personnel killed and dozens of civilians injured in Rajouri, Baramullah, Kathua, Kupwara and the Valley. Separated by a gushing stream that flows from Pakistan into Uri, the village, with a population of about 200 people, is watched over by army soldiers round the clock from forward posts. On Thursday, Pakistan summoned India's Deputy High Commissioner J P Singh here for the fourth time in a month to condemn "unprovoked firing" by Indian troops across the LoC.
- Mexico Ferry Explosion: At Least 25 Injured As 'Fireball' Rips Through Ship
- Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
- Warren Buffett says Republican tax cut 'delivered' $29bn to his company
- Champions League: Bayern Munich coach Heynckes hails poacher Muller's goal scoring ability
- TAPI to cater Pakistan's growing energy needs: PM
- Watchdog group: Countries move too slowly against corruption
- TSX, Dow push higher as loonie also gains ground
- Australian Deputy Prime Minister Joyce's Resignation Prompts Twitter Uproar
- PM Modi launches flight and chopper service between Daman, Diu and Ahmedabad
- How one tweet from Kylie Jenner cost Snapchat $1.3b