While addressing the media, Ahlawat said that the Pakistan Army is continuously carrying out ceasefire violations since February 19, but the army had swung into action and provided immediate relief to the villagers, including food, medicine, drinking water and provisioned sleeping bags.
Eyewitness told The Kashmir Monitor that Pakistan army made announcements through public address systems asking Sillikote and Tillawari residents to vacate their homes on Saturday morning.
The civil administration in Uri has established a control room in the area for affected people. "Indian Army is the worst army around the globe who targets innocent civilians including women, children and old men", PM Haider said while addressing a press conference in Islamabad few days ago.
McMaster's White House Exit May Be Near
Earlier this week, press secretary Sarah Sanders said the president "still has confidence in General McMaster", Reuters reported. CNN previously reported that McMaster has been at odds with the President and other cabinet officials over the previous year .
Meanwhile, Pakistan has accused India of killing 12 people in the area.
"The situation is tense", said Sub-Divisional Magistrate Dr Sagar D.
"Many families are staying back in their villages, but we have kept the facilities ready and also provided phone numbers for 24*7 help for anybody".
In the recent ceasefire violation incidents have left four security personnel killed and dozens of civilians injured in Rajouri, Baramullah, Kathua, Kupwara and the Valley. Separated by a gushing stream that flows from Pakistan into Uri, the village, with a population of about 200 people, is watched over by army soldiers round the clock from forward posts. On Thursday, Pakistan summoned India's Deputy High Commissioner J P Singh here for the fourth time in a month to condemn "unprovoked firing" by Indian troops across the LoC.
- PM Modi launches flight and chopper service between Daman, Diu and Ahmedabad
- Warren Buffett says Republican tax cut 'delivered' $29bn to his company
- Mexico Ferry Explosion: At Least 25 Injured As 'Fireball' Rips Through Ship
- Australian Deputy Prime Minister Joyce's Resignation Prompts Twitter Uproar
- Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
- "BHS" threat on social media has no connection to Bryan ISD
- Five reasons why Liverpool will humble West Ham
- Senators ship Derick Brassard to Penguins in three-team deal
- Watchdog group: Countries move too slowly against corruption
- TAPI to cater Pakistan's growing energy needs: PM