"Accountability of the finance ministry, RBI and the management of defaulting banks must be fixed in the next 60 days", the Congress leader said, adding, "Until the prime minister gives this assurance, the people will feel that the government is supporting wrongdoers".
He said that in the last four years, the discourse has changed from India being a "fragile five" economy to the target of India becoming a "five trillion dollar" economy.
Giving examples of the increase in pace in the various projects in infrastructure sector, he said that speed, scale and sensitivity are important to ensure the success of the government's initiatives. He shared his vision for India and elaborate on the role India has to play in the future of the world economy.
PM also spoke in detail about recent policy measures like Ayushman Bharat and measures that led to a correct reflection of India's exports and imports which are ushering in New India.
The Prime Minister among other projects did ground breaking for modernization of roads, seafront development and flagged off ambulance services.
Sridevi's body being brought to India from Dubai
Sridevi is honoured with Padma Sri award in 2013 by Government of India, while other honours and awards are unlimited for her. She was regarded as the First Female Superstar of Bollywood and one of the most popular actresses of Indian cinema.
Later in the evening, he will be flagging off of the "Run for New India Marathon" in Surat.
It has done well on all macro-economic parameters, be it inflation, current account deficit, fiscal deficit, GDP growth, interest rate and FDI, he said. It now contributes 21 per cent to the global growth with just 3 per cent share in the world economy, he said.
Sibal's remarks come a day after Modi warned of stringent action against those involved in financial irregularities and said loot of public money will not be tolerated.
India is one of the most open economies in the world now and also one of the world's favourite FDI destinations, he said. "What were the reasons - over invoicing or base correction?" he asked. The insolvency and bankruptcy code reform was done to get banks freed from NPA menace, he said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday filed a case against jeweller Dwarka Das Seth International for alleged fraud of Rs 390 crore.
- Packers receive four compensatory picks in 2018 NFL Draft
- Champions League: Bayern Munich coach Heynckes hails poacher Muller's goal scoring ability
- Antidepressants really do work
- Mexico Ferry Explosion: At Least 25 Injured As 'Fireball' Rips Through Ship
- Watchdog group: Countries move too slowly against corruption
- TSX, Dow push higher as loonie also gains ground
- UN Security Council to vote Saturday on Syria ceasefire
- DCist revived by public radio
- Freezing winds from Scandinavia and Siberia to hold Ireland in icy grip
- Storm system brings flooding, freezing rain, snow to Midwest