The Kaupp family are pleading for help in locating the missing aircraft, asking people on social media to contact airports between Grand Junction and Albuquerque. There's still a lot of good in this very scary world.
But still, Bill Kaupp, his other son Clint and two of their friends headed for Albequerque.
The missing Piper Lance aircraft left from Cut Bank in Montana before landing in Grand Junction, Colo., because of bad weather.
A family member in Canada said the pilot texted him Thursday morning saying they were taking off from Grand Junction, but the plane never arrived in New Mexico, and calls and texts to the people on board went unanswered. And that was the last I heard from him.
"I was positive they weren't in Albuquerque, because they'd have cell service there".
"The texts weren't delivering properly so then I started getting a little more anxious".
DCist revived by public radio
Dobkin told the magazine the acquisition was "the best possible outcome" after the sudden shutdown of the sites in early November. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the public radio stations said that the deal was funded by two anonymous donors.
The Piper was built in 1976 and Kaupp says the four were travelling to New Mexico so Bill could look at a new plane.
"Today, my wife was supposed to be induced for the birth of our twins, so I was waiting for them to get home for that", said Kaupp.
The FAA will be handling the investigation into the crash.
"I started calling around to different airports down there, trying to figure out where they might be", he said.
An official with the Mesa County Sheriff's Office told CTV News on Friday that the terrain around Grand Junction is high desert and mountainous.
- Drought over: US women win 1st Olympic cross-country medal - and it's gold
- Antidepressants really do work
- TSX, Dow push higher as loonie also gains ground
- Low-carb and low-fat diets face off in new Stanford study
- Mumbai Surgeons Remove 'Heaviest Recorded' Brain Tumour
- Zimbabwe's president has clear road to election, few rivals
- Dallas Mavericks' Workplace unsafe for female employees
- UK GDP growth revised down after fall in spending
- Missouri lawmakers respond to Gov. Greitens indictment
- What do you make of Red Bull's special F1 livery?