Anshu Prakash, who succeeded MM Kutty as Delhi chief secretary on December 1, 2017, made the stunning allegation that he was manhandled by AAP MLAs on Monday night even though Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was present.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday questioned: Why has Delhi Chief Secretary not been arrested?
Mr Singh said MLA Prakash Jarwal had complained about misbehaviour against him and now he is under arrest.
IAS association has condemned the incident.
The AAP contested the ad-related claims.
He further said that the body has urged the Lt Governor to take legal action against those responsible.
The opposition has come out in support of Prakash, attributing the attack to the directives of Arvind Kejriwal. Chief Secretary was called for a meeting late at night; CM, Dy CM & MLAs were there, when CS reached he was roughed up. The officials protested the manhandling of the chief secretary.
The report comes hours after the AAP held a press conference, at which they accused the Bharatiya Janata Party of trying to destabilise the Delhi government.
Russian chiefs confirm curler tested positive
In a statement, the Russian delegation in Pyeongchang said: "We express our honest regret over the fact of the incident". In the case of meldonium , that meant banning a drug without conclusive evidence that it enhances athletic performance.
There were cut marks and swelling on Prakash's face, and it can be confirmed that he was injured in a scuffle, the report said. But my staff got beaten up in the process. A decision to lodge an FIR in the case is expected to be taken at the meeting.
"Investigation has begun", said Chief Spokesperson Delhi Police Deependra Pathak.
"The Delhi secretariat is a high-security zone and no one can enter without clearance and reference".
He said that when Jarwal along with a colleague was going to attend a marriage, the police stopped his vehicle near Khanpur traffic signal and detained him at around 11 p.m. on Tuesday. When we are cooperating then the police could have waited till next morning. "We had to re-enter from the back entrance and a riot-like situation prevailed until an assistant commissioner of police arrived", said Sharma. "There were many contractual employees and others whom I do not recognise".
There are around 70 IAS officers and 400 DANICS officers working in various Delhi Government departments.
"But she has directed all the MLAs to maintain the dignity of the bureaucrats".
A total of 5,004 IAS officers work across the country.
He alleged the Kejriwal government has "failed on all fronts in the last three years".
- A mysterious supplement with a viral following has been linked to salmonella
- Education Realty Trust (EDR) Receiving Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Report Shows
- Low-carb and low-fat diets face off in new Stanford study
- Metal Gear Survive Microtransactions Allow Players to "Increase the Productivity" of Units
- Bring back Nirav Modi: Rahul to PM
- Fortnite Battle Royale: What's in the Season 3 Battle Pass
- Canadian PM meets Bollywood celebs, appreciates Shah Rukh Khan
- Israeli gas company signs £10 billion export deal with Egypt
- Horrible! Mobile police officer loses his life in shooting last night
- Ex-Skadden Atty Pleads Guilty In Mueller Probe