His old rival Johnny (Zabka), however, hasn't been so fortunate, and seeks redemption by reopening Cobra Kai. But with some of the story potentially being told from Johnny's perspective for the first time and Daniel's daughter dating the school bully, it's no longer clear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy in this rivalry.
That's right: Because nothing ever dies in pop culture, The Karate Kid saga continues later this year when Ralph Macchio and William Zabka return for YouTube Red's upcoming 10-part series. Hurwitz & Schlossberg will direct much of the series.
Cobra Kai debuts on YouTube Red sometime this year, but there's no release date yet.
The almost fifty-second video offers the first look at "The Karate Kid" sequel series which is set 30 years after the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament.
IOS 12 to bring Animojis and tabs to the iPad
Beyond Split View, developers will be able to integrate tabs much more easily to switch between multiple documents and views. While it would not be easy to balance between the two aspects, it's good that the company has jotted down the new strategy.
Cobra Kai takes place in present day, where the former karate championship opponents are now adults struggling to find balance in their lives. Seeking to reclaim what glory he had from the past, Johnny reopens the infamous karate dojo that he once ruled as its ace student, and Daniel is having none of it. Under the tutelage of their apartment complex's eccentric maintenance man Mr. Miyagi, Daniel learns about karate, and life, and ultimately faces and defeats Johnny in the All Valley Karate Tournament. Now, Daniel's a successful businessman and Johnny's a bit of a loser who's living in the past instead of moving on.
Ed Asner will guest star as Johnny's stepfather, Sid Weinberg. "This... we're not done", Daniel says at the climax of the trailer as the two square off in the iconic dojo.
1984's The Karate Kid was directed by John G. Avildsen, and kicked off a new wave of martial arts pop culture mania in America.
- Bowman pilots Dale Jr.'s former auto to Daytona 500 pole
- UPS set to delivery 88m flowers this Valentine's Day
- AJ McCarron wins grievance, will become unrestricted free agent
- $88.2 billion needed to rebuild Iraq
- New Japanese study links slow eating to losing weight
- Nokia 8 Android 8.1 Oreo update starts rolling out
- England and Wales Cricket Board announces 2023 Ashes venues
- Assault on pregnant woman: CPM leader arrested
- Ex-beauty queen with rare condition wakes up with British accent
- Wall Street recovered some of the loses from the previous week