Prior to that in 2016, the company rolled out their "AMP" (Accelerated Mobile Page) technology, an "open standard" that webmasters could take advantage of to make their pages load more quickly and efficiently for mobile users.
At the moment, the AMP email software has been designed specifically for companies that use email marketing to reach out to customers, but the capabilities are expected to be expanded in the coming months.
He said the software will make Gmail more user friendly: "With AMP for Email, it's easy for information in email messages to be dynamic, up-to-date and actionable".
The AMP extension in question is simply called Stories.
The developer preview for AMP stories is available now - watch the tutorial to find out how to create them.
"AMP story content should be fulfilling and standalone". As you can see from the photos below, tapping on the left third of the screen while in a Story will move you back while the other two-thirds will progress you forward.
Winter Olympics: Drone display in opening ceremony was pre-recorded
Intel Corp. was expected to launch 300 drones as part of an extravagant light show, but those plans were scrapped. The drone performance hasn't aired yet in the US because of time zone differences.
The feature has been developed in consultation and collaboration with these top content publishers.
The AMP Stories product, a visually driven format built on AMP HTML, will begin serving in Google search results today, linked to publishers such as People and CNN. It's the next step in the company's AMP ecosystem, a set of technologies created to make it simpler to build fast-loading webpages. These are essentially news-related visual experiences meant to be displayed in the Google search results.
Devin Coldewey of TechCrunch writes that "AMP for email is a awful idea", advising: "Not good, Google. The format comes with preset but flexible layout templates, standardized UI controls, and components for sharing and adding follow-on content".
AMP stories are available for everyone to try on their websites.
Word of Google's AMP Stories project first leaked out last summer.
- Rounds of snow this weekend — Metro Detroit Weather
- YouTube suspends ads from disgraced star Logan Paul's channels
- Carlos Cordeiro Wins US Soccer Election For President, Succeeds Sunil Gulati
- Korea's No. 2 at Games
- NY Attorney General sues Harvey Weinstein, his company
- Home Intel Republicans Plan to Partition Aides From Dems
- College student says airline made her flush prized hamster down toilet
- Kim Jong Un invites South's Moon to Pyongyang: Seoul
- Mother gives birth, abandons baby at airport
- NASA just broke a photography record with photos taken in Kuiper Belt