So while football fans were still wrapping their head around the Vikings' last-second 29-24 win over the New Orleans Saints, now destined to be known as the "Minneapolis Miracle", the Vikings were starting to think about playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday. The Patriots had a pretty easy time beating the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round. There were no predictions, there was no smack talk and there was no gallivanting. When asked why his team wasn't talking trash he didn't mess around.
Jacksonville's Telvin Smith called Brady out on Twitter, saying, "Bruh this the oldest trick.pump us up in the media but in the buildin I kno what's really bein said". "Why should we have to?" The Jaguars are young, brash, talented and confident. Especially on defense, they have many, many great players.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a surprise team in the AFC title game.
Speaking of stats and numbers though, no one accumulates what you need to know better than our friends over at Opta.
"It is the best team we are facing all year coming up in the AFC Championship Game this weekend".
Dennis Wise urges Chelsea to drop interest in Andy Carroll
According to reports in the likes of The Mirror, Chelsea target Carroll has told West Ham he is unable to train due to an ankle injury despite scans suggesting otherwise .
"They were ready to go, they were mad, they were angry, they had something to prove and they did it", DeCastro told the Post-Gazette. Their lone loss came in 1999 at Jacksonville in the wild-card round of the playoffs. The Vikings won't light up the scoreboard as Philadelphia's defense can more than hold its own, but Minnesota will slowly but surely rack up points on the scoreboard and put this game away in the second half to set up a Vikings vs. Patriots showdown.
He captured his 26th postseason victory, recorded his 13th 300-yard postseason passing game - extending his National Football League record for both - and also broke a tie with Joe Montana to become the all-time leader with 10 three-TD playoff games. The Eagles last reached the game in 2005 when they lost to the Patriots. After all, never doubt quarterback Tom Brady, who won his 26th career playoff game. The Jaguars' Leonard Fournette rushed for 1,040 yards and scored 10 touchdowns while missing three games. His understudy, Jags offensive coordinator Nate Hackett, was also with him throughout his two-year tenure in Buffalo.
- Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue is the third defensive lineman since the start of the 2007 season with at least 12 sacks and six forced fumbles in a season.
In the red zone, the Patriots biggest threat, both literally and figuratively, is tight end Rob Gronkowski, who caught passes for over 1,000 yards and eight touchdowns this year.
- Messi misses penalty as Barcelona loses to Espanyol
- United States stocks mixed going into the close as earlier rally fades
- North Carolina woman killed her children, died jumping onto highway
- Steelers fans unload on offensive coordinator Todd Haley
- Joshua denies Parker drug claim ahead of unification fight
- Brexit talks in danger as European Union gets tough on citizens' rights
- The full statement from the Bank of Canada
- Kidnappers Kill Two Policemen, Abduct Two Foreigners In Kaduna
- Pak now urges U.S. for better bilateral ties
- Neymar scores four goals in PSG's win vs. Dijon, gets booed