"He asked me to go faster, he asked me if the siren could be louder, and he wanted me to blow the horn more", Duncan told CBS News.
Some members of the Sutherland Springs community welcomed Ryland home as he passed through town on the fire truck. "Unfortunately, his wife and two girls were actually gone". But her daughters Brooke Ward, 5, and Emily Garcia, 7, were killed.
"He walked for me for the first time".
She managed to save Rihanna Garza, who survived with barely a scrape, and Ryland, who was struck in the stomach, arms and leg.
Duncan visited Ward in the hospital nearly every Sunday.
Duncan said he is overwhelmed by the support for the idea.
"He was heavily sedated", Duncan said, going through "surgery after surgery". "He walked for me for the first time".
Bannon to appear before US Congress committee for Russian Federation probe
Wolff told the Today show last week that he spent about three hours with Trump during the campaign and in the White House. This comes after the release of a controversial tell-all book about Trump's first months in the White House .
"He's a character", Duncan said. "He's a character. This little boy has the best fighting spirit I've ever seen out of anybody in my entire life".
Pictures show him grinning widely as a slew of firefighters and law enforcement officers greeted him at University Hospital, where he has spent the last two months being treated for five bullet wounds.
According to University Hospital, Ryland was the facility's final patient from the Sutherland Springs shooting.
The way home was lined with jubilant supporters holding signs along the road that read "Welcome home Ryland", "Yay buddy" and "Glad you're back!"
The youngest wounded victim in a gunman's November assault on a Texas church has finally gotten to come home.
After undergoing several surgeries, Ryland has begun to make a full recovery and has started physical therapy, Ward told TIME on Thursday.
"Just happy the Lord brought him home and he's doing good", one emotional Sutherland Springs resident told ABC San Antonio affiliate KSAT.
- Donald Trump stumbles over words during national anthem
- Trump's Wall Street Journal interview is incoherent and freakish
- Here comes faster 802.11ax Wi-Fi
- All jewels stolen from Paris's Ritz hotel recovered
- Trump tells farming convention the 'American dream is roaring back to life'
- Natural disaster hits Iran-Iraq border region, felt in Baghdad
- Thursday's NFL: League to probe Gruden hiring
- John Cena Reveals His Big Announcement
- South Korea planning to close cryptocurrency exchanges, bitcoin dives
- Isaiah Thomas gets standing ovation from Celtics fans