With this new system, your payment information will be saved in your Google account and will then be available to use everywhere you use Google products. We're not betting that Google is going to be able to streamline all digital payments with Google Pay, but it sure would be nice if Android had a single method for buying stuff. Google Wallet was the first NFC payment system for smartphones, and later it was rebranded to Android Pay with the Wallet sticking around as a P2P payment system.
Google says "over the coming weeks, you'll see Google Pay online, in store, and across Google products, as well as when you're paying friends".
UN Members Criticize US For Calling Meeting On Iran Protests
Iran has several parallel security bodies and residents say arrests are often not immediately announced . Eight people were arrested in The Hague after breaking into the Iranian Embassy during a protest .
Initial partners for Google Pay include Airbnb, Dice, Fandango, HungryHouse and Instacart, with special discounts being offered to promote the launch when you buy something from Fandango, Insacart and B&H using use the new service. Moreover, because all your details will naturally be synced to your Google account, you won't have to worry about which piece of information goes where. While the app can be installed on a variety of Android phones and watches, it still possesses one basic function: making payments at compatible cash registers via "tap-and-pay". This is because unlike in the West, India doesn't have to deal with "n" number of payments apps ala Google. Google Pay seems like it will be its own sandbox integrated with a user's bank account, credit and debit cards.
How does all of this affect Google Tez, the UPI based payments platform that Google has pushed in India? However, I bet you'll continue seeing payment kiosks with the Android Pay branding on them for years to come.
- Roseanne character to be Trump supporter in series reboot
- Jio slashes monthly tariffs by Rs 50, hikes data limit
- Dustin Johnson almost aces 433-yard par 4 at Tournament of Champions
- Black is the colour as reality show hits Hollywood
- Sunderland reportedly planning to sign John Terry-likened defender from EPL giants
- Watch Oprah Winfrey's Powerful Lifetime Achievement Award Acceptance Speech at Golden Globes
- HTC announces the new improved HTC Vive Pro, 3D Audio and more
- Assassin's Creed Origins Could Be Getting A New Game + Mode
- American Red Cross makes urgent request for blood and platelet donations
- US Ambassador Discusses Pakistan Aid Cut With India