"A superintendent or any person in a position of leadership getting any type of raise, I feel like it's a slap in the face to all the teachers, cafeteria workers, and any other support staff we have", Ms Hargrave noted.
So when Hargrave was called on a second time, a city marshal stepped in and escorted her to the hallway.
"I'm not - you just pushed me to the floor", a visibly shaken Hargrave responded.
After the board approved the raise, Hargrave was again recognized by the board and voiced her frustrations.
She said that it was unfair that he was being given a performance-based raise when it was the teachers and students who were "doing the work" to meet those goals.
"Quit opposing", the officer is heard advising her after she was put in binds. I don't care if the performance targets are met - you're making our jobs even more hard.
Michigan's Charles Woodson elected to College Football Hall of Fame
The Louisiana native intercepted 8 passes as a junior and earned consensus first-team All-America honors in 2000. For his career, Brown went a combined 244-122-1 at the four different schools he was the head coach at.
Her comments prompted board president Anthony Fontana to rule Hargrave out of order during the meeting, KATC reported.
On Tuesday morning, Hargrave's Facebook page was filled with supportive comments, some thanking her for taking a stand.
Although it's unclear if the marshal had been directed by the school board to remove Hargrave, Superintendent Jerome Puyau said they won't press any charges against her.
As indicated by KATC-TV, Hargrave tended to the school board amid people in general remarks segment of the gathering concentrated on educator compensations and increases in salary. She pulled back and said, "Don't put your hands on me".
Following the freaky - and violent - arrest, Vermilion Parish School Board Superintendent Jerome Puyau told the local news outlet the district won't press charges against Hargrave.
According to Ike Funderburk, Abbeville's city attorney and prosecutor, no charges will be filed against Hargrave. A teacher's union lawyer is investigating the incident, according to the AP.
- Anushka Sharma trains with Shikhar Dhawan's wife Aesha in gym
- Real Madrid fall 16 points behind Barcelona after draw with Celta Vigo
- Trump Supports Sessions' Marijuana Decision, Breaking His Campaign Promise
- A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
- US Ambassador Discusses Pakistan Aid Cut With India
- Google Memo Author Sues, Claiming Bias Against White Conservative Men
- Jewish Voice for Peace, five other U.S. groups on Israel's BDS blacklist
- Natalie Portman: Our cause raises $14m in 2 weeks
- Saints defeat the Panthers 31-26, advance to NFC divisional round
- Steyn may not bowl again in Test series against India