Arsenal and Liverpool FC are unlikely to sign AS Monaco forward Thomas Lemar in the January transfer window, according to reporter Bryan Swanson. Liverpool are also said to be interested in the French starlet in a bid to keep the attacking steel intact at the Anfield.
The left winger has endured something of a damp squib of a season compared to 12 months ago, with only two goals and four assists accrued in 19 Monaco appearances.
Lemar had earlier in the summer transfer window rejected a move to Arsenal. However, despite that, the French global has struggled this season but still remains a world-class prospect. Coutinho bagging a whopping £142 million from Barcelona has motivated Monaco to sell their stalwart for a maximum price as they feel they can squeeze a good amount from the Lemar deal.
Lemar has missed a number of games for Monaco this season following shoulder and hamstring injuries, which has contributed to the side falling nine points behind league leaders Paris St Germain.
See Teacher Get Handcuffed After Criticizing School Superintendent's Raise
On Tuesday morning, Hargrave's Facebook page was filled with supportive comments, some thanking her for taking a stand. Her comments prompted board president Anthony Fontana to rule Hargrave out of order during the meeting, KATC reported.
The 22-year-old, who is still believed to be on Arsenal's radar, was on hand to head home Keita Balde's pinpoint cross from close range.
"It might happen. I think it won't happen now but more [likely] in the summer than now, in January, but it might still happen before I get abused by Liverpool fans".
"We don't usually sell in winter, but the transfer window is open until the end of the month, and you have to prepare yourself for anything and everything", he said.
"But the month is long and many things could happen".
- Jewish Voice for Peace, five other U.S. groups on Israel's BDS blacklist
- Price at the pump continues to rise
- Google Memo Author Sues, Claiming Bias Against White Conservative Men
- Real Madrid fall 16 points behind Barcelona after draw with Celta Vigo
- Michigan's Charles Woodson elected to College Football Hall of Fame
- American Red Cross makes urgent request for blood and platelet donations
- Police find vehicle of missing Houston sports reporter
- Fire at Trump Tower in New York's Manhattan, no casualties
- How To Watch SpaceX Launch The US Government's Mysterious Zuma Spacecraft Today
- Dustin Johnson almost aces 433-yard par 4 at Tournament of Champions