In her pre-Golden Globes tweets, Farrow voiced both support for the #TimesUp movement and hope that this time, efforts to fight harassment and abuse in Hollywood will matter - that change is truly coming to Hollywood.
Throughout the dispute, big stars have continued to work with Allen.
Woody Allen has been accused by Dylan Farrow, the daughter of his ex-partner Mia Farrow, of childhood sexual abuse. We can no longer let these men represent us in entertainment, politics, or any other realm.
The majority of Hollywood's elite wore black to the Golden Globes ceremony on Monday, 8 January in support of the Time's Up initiative, aimed at supporting the women who are bringing forward sexual harassment claims in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. "That said, the people who join this movement without taking any kind of personal accountability for the ways in which their own words and decisions have helped to perpetuate the culture they are fighting against, that's hard for me to reconcile".
A representative for Allen did not immediately respond to a HuffPost request for comment.
Greta Gerwig and Woody Allen worked together in the 2012 film"To Rome With Love
Yesterday, the New York Times published a piece on Blanchett, who will headline the jury at this year's Cannes Film Festival, calling her a "vocal campaigner against harassment" and her appointment on the panel "an about-face for a festival with a poor record on gender equality". The project, inspired by the recent #MeToo movement, aims to combat sexual misconduct in all workplaces.
The Time's Up initiative made a strong impression at the 2018 Golden Globes to advocate against sexual harassment and abuse.
A number of other actors and actresses have expressed regret at working with Allen, most recently David Krumholz, who starred in Wonder Wheel. "And my experience with Woody is he's empowering to women".
"I deeply regret working with Woody Allen on Wonder Wheel".
Another added: 'Is it hypocritical that, for example, Justin Timberlake is head to toe in black but was in the last Woody Allen movie?'
I know that many of us watching this from the outside are infuriated by this hypocrisy.
Jaguars' Ngakoue: Bills' Incognito used 'racist slurs'
Martin has since retired, while Incognito signed with the Bills in February 2015 and has played three solid seasons in Buffalo. During the Jaguars' open locker room session today, Ngakoue declined to discuss the specifics of his tweet .
- UN Members Criticize US For Calling Meeting On Iran Protests
- American Red Cross makes urgent request for blood and platelet donations
- Steyn may not bowl again in Test series against India
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Detailed and Dated
- Next Xbox Update Adding New Achievement Features and Mini Game Hubs
- Michigan's Charles Woodson elected to College Football Hall of Fame
- Google Memo Author Sues, Claiming Bias Against White Conservative Men
- Black is the colour as reality show hits Hollywood
- Acer launches thinnest laptop with 4G, plus new convertible, Chromebook
- Sunderland reportedly planning to sign John Terry-likened defender from EPL giants