If his ball had consented to drop on the 12 in Kapalua, Johnson would have become just the player in PGA Tour history to make an ace on anything other than a par three (emulating Andrew Magee's feat at the Phoenix Open in 2001).
When it comes to smashing a golf ball really hard, England's Joe Miller is one of the world's best and his performance at the World Long Drive Championship in Thackerville, Oklahoma in 2016 blew us away.
Dustin Johnson hit one of the best shots he never saw.
One shot defined the tournament - a drive on the 433-yard 12th hole that went 432 yards and 6 inches.
"If I keep playing good, keep working, keep learning about myself, I just need to keep getting better scores without my A game like I have this week", Rahm said.
The way Johnson was playing, everyone was playing for second. He led by at least five shots over the final 11 holes.
Dustin Johnson almost aces 433-yard par 4 at Tournament of Champions
1 - This was a 17th PGA Tour victory for Johnson who has strengthened his position as the World's Number 1 golfer.
Said Johnson: "Even when I made the turn, I think I was 20 under".
"It's no easy task to catch DJ", said Rahm, who lost to Johnson in the final of Match Play a year ago.
Previous year he enjoyed a purple patch during which he won three successive tournaments - the Genesis Open, WGC Mexico Championship and WGC Dell Matchplay. "I know exactly where I want it to come down out of the air, and it did". A freak accident knocked him out of the year's first major before play started. "Hopefully I can keep playing good and maybe someday be No.1".
Harman closed with a 72 to finish third, while Hideki Matsuyama (66), Pat Perez (69) and Rickie Fowler (70) were another shot behind. "And there were times when I putted well but couldn't sink them".
Water main break delays flights at New York's beleaguered JFK airport
For airlines, the advantage of this arrangement is they have dedicated gates and facilities for their operations. For one, gates are often allotted to scheduled flights. "There's a big lack of information".
- Acer launches thinnest laptop with 4G, plus new convertible, Chromebook
- Jewish Voice for Peace, five other U.S. groups on Israel's BDS blacklist
- United Nations envoy says no change in USA position on North Korea talks
- Trump Supports Sessions' Marijuana Decision, Breaking His Campaign Promise
- Fire at Trump Tower in New York's Manhattan, no casualties
- Police find vehicle of missing Houston sports reporter
- HTC announces the new improved HTC Vive Pro, 3D Audio and more
- A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
- Real Madrid fall 16 points behind Barcelona after draw with Celta Vigo
- Jio slashes monthly tariffs by Rs 50, hikes data limit