Hosted by Seth Meyers, the Golden Globe Awards heaped honors on streaming content services Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix, with the three studios winning five of the 11 Golden Globe Awards for television projects.
Earlier in the night, both Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwellwere awarded for their acting, while Martin McDonagh was recognized for Best Screenplay.
For example, Lightbox is streaming The Handmaid's Tale, which took home Best TV Series, Drama, and netted Elisabeth Moss a Best Actress award.
They include the Best Motion Picture, Drama victor Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Best Animated Feature victor Coco, and The Disaster Artist, for which James Franco won Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical.
New Zealand viewers wanting to see what all the fuss is about will have to wait to see some of the night's biggest winning movies. The cable channel won four awards for its limited series Big Little Lies.
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri will be released in United Kingdom cinemas on Friday 12th January.
Such lame tokenism: Lisa Oldfield shared the same view as Jessica later taking to Instagram to share her thoughts
Allison Janney was named best supporting actress in a drama film for her role in I, Tonya - the story of the Olympic figure skater Tonya Harding.
The evening began with the normally colorful red carpet transformed into a sea of black gowns as actresses showed solidarity with victims of sexual harassment inside and outside the entertainment industry.
"It's knowing where the line is and just going over it", the director said. "Trust me, the women in this room tonight are not here for the food".
Sam Rockwell won a best supporting actor award for the same film. "I believe they are patron saints of our blissful imperfection".
"So I want all the girls watching here now to know that a new day is on the horizon!"
The flick, which picked up a handful of Golden Globes over the weekend, doesn't sound like it should be amusing; it follows the story of Mildred, played by Frances McDormand, as she sets out on a one-woman crusade to avenge her daughter's murder.
Jio slashes monthly tariffs by Rs 50, hikes data limit
Vodafone's recharge for Rs 509 comes with unlimited local and STD calls, free SMS, and free subscription of Vodafone Play . Reliance Jio is starting the New Year with full gusto and is all set to introduce new tariff plans on January 9.
- Police find vehicle of missing Houston sports reporter
- Water main break delays flights at New York's beleaguered JFK airport
- American Red Cross makes urgent request for blood and platelet donations
- Michigan's Charles Woodson elected to College Football Hall of Fame
- Watch Oprah Winfrey's Powerful Lifetime Achievement Award Acceptance Speech at Golden Globes
- US Ambassador Discusses Pakistan Aid Cut With India
- National Football League to look into Panthers' handling of injury to Cam Newton
- Lawmaker charged with pocketing Sandy funds
- Nokia 6 2018 Revealed, Featuring Major Upgrades
- Anushka Sharma trains with Shikhar Dhawan's wife Aesha in gym