Just last week gas went up two cents from $3.85 a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.87 a gallon.
Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg of the Lundberg Survey said Sunday that the increase is due to higher crude oil costs. They are 11.9 cents higher than a year ago.
Sunday national gas price average is $2.49, which unchanged in the last week, up a penny in the last month and 12 cents higher than this time previous year.
Meanwhile over the past week, the national average has increased 0.4 cents per gallon to $2.48.
Gas prices have ticked up two cents per gallon in Rhode Island.
Police find vehicle of missing Houston sports reporter
Courtney's mother said she received a odd text from her phone that said "hello the owner of this phone Courtney. The Texas sports reporter who went missing over the weekend had been found alive near a Houston-area mall.
Both GasBuddy and AAA report that prices remain elevated because of strong oil prices.
Demand for gas on the other hand, has dropped off significantly according the to Energy Information Administration leading to a larger supply of gas available. Since last autumn's maintenance season was interrupted by hurricanes, this spring is likely to be more active than usual for refineries, putting the price hike on the higher end of that 30- t0 75-cent scale, AAA said. "Unfortunately, springtime is a springboard for prices at the pump, and we may see a 40 to 50 cent jump by the summer".
Prices normally rebound in the spring as demand grows and supplies tighten.
Get Breaking News alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post delivered to your email.
- Confidence in Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) Shares by JMP Securities Fall
- Widespread flu hits 46 states, over 900 hospitalized in OH alone
- 11 killed in avalanche in Kashmir
- Saints defeat the Panthers 31-26, advance to NFC divisional round
- Trump Supports Sessions' Marijuana Decision, Breaking His Campaign Promise
- National Football League to look into Panthers' handling of injury to Cam Newton
- Google Memo Author Sues, Claiming Bias Against White Conservative Men
- How To Watch SpaceX Launch The US Government's Mysterious Zuma Spacecraft Today
- Jio slashes monthly tariffs by Rs 50, hikes data limit
- Conte On Barkley: He Has Great Potential