METAIRIE, La. - Cameron Jordan made good on his promise to send a bottle of wine to longtime rival Cam Newton as a mocking thank-you gesture after the New Orleans Saints completed a three-game sweep of the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
According to the policy, if the protocol was not properly followed, the team is subject to discipline.
"We are in contact now with the Panthers' medical staff and we will not comment further until those conversations are completed", the National Football League said in a written statement issued through a spokesman.
In the fourth quarter of the Panthers' wild-card matchup against the New Orleans Saints, Newton thought he'd eluded Tyeler Davison, and as he tried to stand upright he collided with defensive tackle David Onyemata. He briefly pointed toward his right eye.
The Panthers later announced that Newton had been cleared to return to the game after being evaluated for a possible concussion. Rivera said during his postgame news conference that Newton was told to sit down near the sideline to give Anderson an opportunity to warm up before going into the game.
Newton echoed Rivera's assessment that he was poked in the eye.
Confidence in Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) Shares by JMP Securities Fall
For shareholders, given the total diluted outstanding shares of 1.35 billion, this means overall earnings per share of 0.42. The stock of The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE:SCHW) has "Outperform" rating given on Friday, June 16 by William Blair.
'My helmet had came down low enough over my eyelid and it got pressed by the player's stomach I believe.
The league and the players union changed its concussion protocol last month after Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage returned to the field after having a concussion that left the quarterback's hands shaking after a hit. But again, I'm not the doctor.
Jordan said the hit that Newton absorbed was significant. "If he wants to send me his address I can send him some sauce".
"You beat the Carolina Panthers three times in a year, I'm gonna have to send this guy a wine bottle", Jordan said of Newton, pointing to a bottle of wine in his locker.
It comes after the Seattle Seahawks were fined $100,000 for failing to test quarterback Russell Wilson in Week 10.
This isn't the first time the Panthers have been investigated for how it has handled the protocol.
- Norwich City 0 Chelsea 0: Conte´s second string fail to deliver
- 11 killed in avalanche in Kashmir
- Danville native Jerry Van Dyke dies at 86
- Zarif to Trump: Iranians have right to vote and protest
- LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball Lithuanian jerseys now on sale at Amazon
- Alleged White Supremacist Accused Of Terrorism For Trying To Derail Amtrak Train
- Widespread flu hits 46 states, over 900 hospitalized in OH alone
- Roy Moore accuser sues him for defamation
- HP voluntarily recalls 50000+ computer batteries posing fire and burn hazards
- Virginia ticket worth $1M in Mega Millions drawing Friday