Lalu Prasad has already been convicted by trial court and sentenced to five years jail term in Chaibasa treasury withdrawal case connected to the fodder scam. He was asked to pay a fine of five lakhs.
The quantum of sentence was announced by the CBI court after a delay of two days via video conferencing.
While quoting party's state president Ramchandra Purve, it is reported by the media sources that, Tejashwi Yadav, Leader of Opposition and Lalu's son, is likely to become the party's CM face for the 2020 Assembly post.
The 900-crore fodder scam was unraveled more twenty years ago in January 1996 and charge-sheet was filed against Prasad as on of the accused persons in June 1997 by CBI.
Mishra and Janata Dal-United leader Jagdish Sharma were also convicted in the first fodder scam case and were awarded four years imprisonment each. The court also slapped a ₹10 lakh fine on Mr. Prasad.
CES 2018: LG to Debut and Showcase 4K UHD Projector
LG has announced that it will be showing off a new compact and very easy to set up projector at CES 2018 called the HU80K series. According to LG, the new UHD projector, called the HU80KA is approximately half the size of a now available 4K projector.
The presiding judge said, "An open jail is best for these people (convicts), as they also have experience of cow farming'".
Lalu and others were convicted in the case on December 23.
In fact, Lalu's other son, Tej Pratap Yadav is confident that his father will definitely get a bail.
The 69-year-old RJD supremo, in a written plea on Thursday, had sought leniency from the CBI court citing illness and old age, according to his counsel Chittaranjan Prasad. He was sent to Birsa Munda Jail in Ranchi. They were pronounced guilty for engaging in fraudulent transactions worth Rs 89 lakh from the Deoghar Treasury between 1991 and 1994. "I am sure our Chief Laluji will attend RJD's crucial meeting tomorrow" says Bihar party chief Ramchandra Purve. "He was chosen (by the people of Bihar in an election) and he's in jail", said the former Deputy Chief Minister in the Grand Alliance government.
- Zarif to Trump: Iranians have right to vote and protest
- Winter storm brings rare snow and ice to Southern US states
- What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what will happen when it arrives?
- ESPN's Nolan hosts after blasting Trump
- Plattsburgh Kmart to close in April
- SpaceX targeting late January for Falcon Heavy debut
- US Hits Pakistan, Iran, Three Central Asian Nations For Religious Freedom Violations
- HP voluntarily recalls 50000+ computer batteries posing fire and burn hazards
- Widespread flu hits 46 states, over 900 hospitalized in OH alone
- Return or face action: TN govt to striking transport staff