Lalu Prasad has already been convicted by trial court and sentenced to five years jail term in Chaibasa treasury withdrawal case connected to the fodder scam. He was asked to pay a fine of five lakhs.
The quantum of sentence was announced by the CBI court after a delay of two days via video conferencing.
While quoting party's state president Ramchandra Purve, it is reported by the media sources that, Tejashwi Yadav, Leader of Opposition and Lalu's son, is likely to become the party's CM face for the 2020 Assembly post.
The 900-crore fodder scam was unraveled more twenty years ago in January 1996 and charge-sheet was filed against Prasad as on of the accused persons in June 1997 by CBI.
Mishra and Janata Dal-United leader Jagdish Sharma were also convicted in the first fodder scam case and were awarded four years imprisonment each. The court also slapped a ₹10 lakh fine on Mr. Prasad.
What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what will happen when it arrives?
However, bomb cyclones can be unsafe due to the rapid intensification they bring and the extreme weather they can deliver. How much the storm affects the coast is contingent on a number of factors, most notably how far out to sea it tracks.
The presiding judge said, "An open jail is best for these people (convicts), as they also have experience of cow farming'".
Lalu and others were convicted in the case on December 23.
In fact, Lalu's other son, Tej Pratap Yadav is confident that his father will definitely get a bail.
The 69-year-old RJD supremo, in a written plea on Thursday, had sought leniency from the CBI court citing illness and old age, according to his counsel Chittaranjan Prasad. He was sent to Birsa Munda Jail in Ranchi. They were pronounced guilty for engaging in fraudulent transactions worth Rs 89 lakh from the Deoghar Treasury between 1991 and 1994. "I am sure our Chief Laluji will attend RJD's crucial meeting tomorrow" says Bihar party chief Ramchandra Purve. "He was chosen (by the people of Bihar in an election) and he's in jail", said the former Deputy Chief Minister in the Grand Alliance government.
- Confidence in Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) Shares by JMP Securities Fall
- Raiders Research Project: Revisiting the infamous Jon Gruden trade
- Conte On Barkley: He Has Great Potential
- ESPN's Nolan hosts after blasting Trump
- Danville native Jerry Van Dyke dies at 86
- Virginia ticket worth $1M in Mega Millions drawing Friday
- Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov helps injured opponent to sideline
- Sweden rejects United States call for UNSC session over Iran riots
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- CES 2018: LG to Debut and Showcase 4K UHD Projector