Which is what led to ESPN play-by-play man Sean McDonough's attempt at bidding Gruden, an analyst with the network, a classy farewell before their call of the Tennessee Titans-Kansas City Chiefs wild-card game Saturday afternoon.
The Raiders made the proclamation on Twitter above a photo of Gruden from his first stint as Oakland's coach, from 1998 to 2001.
By noting that nothing was official yet, Gruden is pretty much confirming that he will be the Raiders' next head coach.
He will be introduced by the Raiders at a media conference on Tuesday and replaces Jack Del Rio, who was sacked on December 31.
Gruden's ESPN broadcast partner Sean McDonough congratulated him during the broadcast but Gruden said "Nothing's official".
The Raiders Research Project, a repository of historical information not readily available online or from the notoriously secretive Oakland Raiders, is back in action and once again working in conjunction with Silver & Black Report. "It'll be tough for a lot of us on the crew to be impartial when we go into those production meetings and see you next year".
Winter storm brings rare snow and ice to Southern US states
The Northeast is about to be battered by a "bomb cyclone" and meteorologists are warning people to prepare for the chilly blasts. However, if the storm heads east and out into seas, the amount of snow will decrease and wind speeds will die down.
Gruden began his head-coaching career in Oakland 20 years ago Monday, leading the Raiders for four seasons before spending seven as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coach.
No matter what the relationship was or wasn't, we weren't robbed of a heartfelt parting of the ways.
The Raiders fired Jack Del Rio following the end of a disappointing six-win season.
"There's a great legacy on 'Monday Night Football, ' " McDonough said. It won't happen Saturday, because Gruden has obligations with his current employer, ESPN, and it won't be Monday because that's when he's expected to "interview" for his new gig.
Gruden was born in Sandusky, Ohio in 1963 and grew up as the son of Jim Gruden, a professional football regional scout, who also served as a running backs coach and director of player personnel on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Pence defends Trump's tweets on N
- Virginia ticket worth $1M in Mega Millions drawing Friday
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- Durant leads NBA All-Star vote, Curry first among guards
- Confidence in Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) Shares by JMP Securities Fall
- Danville native Jerry Van Dyke dies at 86
- Norwich City 0 Chelsea 0: Conte´s second string fail to deliver
- Roy Moore accuser sues him for defamation
- LaMelo, LiAngelo Ball Lithuanian jerseys now on sale at Amazon
- Alleged White Supremacist Accused Of Terrorism For Trying To Derail Amtrak Train