Which is what led to ESPN play-by-play man Sean McDonough's attempt at bidding Gruden, an analyst with the network, a classy farewell before their call of the Tennessee Titans-Kansas City Chiefs wild-card game Saturday afternoon.
The Raiders made the proclamation on Twitter above a photo of Gruden from his first stint as Oakland's coach, from 1998 to 2001.
By noting that nothing was official yet, Gruden is pretty much confirming that he will be the Raiders' next head coach.
He will be introduced by the Raiders at a media conference on Tuesday and replaces Jack Del Rio, who was sacked on December 31.
Gruden's ESPN broadcast partner Sean McDonough congratulated him during the broadcast but Gruden said "Nothing's official".
The Raiders Research Project, a repository of historical information not readily available online or from the notoriously secretive Oakland Raiders, is back in action and once again working in conjunction with Silver & Black Report. "It'll be tough for a lot of us on the crew to be impartial when we go into those production meetings and see you next year".
Danville native Jerry Van Dyke dies at 86
He kept with his stand up comedy career throughout school before joining the United States Air Force Tops In Blue in the 1950s. Jerry Van Dyke , the comedian brother of actor Dick Van Dyke , reportedly has died at the age of 86.
Gruden began his head-coaching career in Oakland 20 years ago Monday, leading the Raiders for four seasons before spending seven as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coach.
No matter what the relationship was or wasn't, we weren't robbed of a heartfelt parting of the ways.
The Raiders fired Jack Del Rio following the end of a disappointing six-win season.
"There's a great legacy on 'Monday Night Football, ' " McDonough said. It won't happen Saturday, because Gruden has obligations with his current employer, ESPN, and it won't be Monday because that's when he's expected to "interview" for his new gig.
Gruden was born in Sandusky, Ohio in 1963 and grew up as the son of Jim Gruden, a professional football regional scout, who also served as a running backs coach and director of player personnel on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- CES 2018: LG to Debut and Showcase 4K UHD Projector
- HP voluntarily recalls 50000+ computer batteries posing fire and burn hazards
- What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what will happen when it arrives?
- Three and a half year in jail for Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Sweden rejects United States call for UNSC session over Iran riots
- SpaceX targeting late January for Falcon Heavy debut
- Alleged White Supremacist Accused Of Terrorism For Trying To Derail Amtrak Train
- 11 killed in avalanche in Kashmir
- Winter storm brings rare snow and ice to Southern US states
- Virginia ticket worth $1M in Mega Millions drawing Friday