The comedian, who is the younger brother of actor Dick, passed away on Friday afternoon at his ranch in Texas, with his wife Shirley by his side.
Van Dyke's family confirmed his passing Friday to CBS Affiliate WCIA, in the actor's native IL. He kept with his stand up comedy career throughout school before joining the United States Air Force Tops In Blue in the 1950s. Van Dyke's career included the distinction of being Judy Garland's co-star on The Judy Garland Show, the late '60s series Accidental Family and the lead human role in the infamous sitcom My Mother the auto.
Jerry Van Dyke was the younger brother of Dick Van Dyke.
Amazon Alexa will soon let users control ovens and microwaves
Devices from Amazon and Google are the clear leaders in the smart speaker category with their respective Echo and Home products. The new feature, called Flash Briefing, is easily set up after downloading the Amazon Alexa app on an iOS or Android device.
He is survived by wife Shirley and three children.
His wife told TMZ that his health deteriorated following a serious vehicle crash two years ago.
"I am incredibly sad to hear of Jerry's passing", said Nelson, Van Dyke's costar in Coach, the ABC sitcom that ran from 1989-97.
- SpaceX targeting late January for Falcon Heavy debut
- What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what will happen when it arrives?
- Plattsburgh Kmart to close in April
- Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov helps injured opponent to sideline
- Pence defends Trump's tweets on N
- Lottery Fever Sweeps Stateline, Combined Jackpot $1B
- Final "Game of Thrones" season will air in 2019
- Justin Timberlake goes outside, announces new album 'Man Of The Woods'
- Sony Xperia XA2, Xperia XA2 Ultra, Xperia L images and specifications leaked
- Durant leads NBA All-Star vote, Curry first among guards