A beacon official died while as six civilians have gone missing after two avalanches hit Sadhna top in north Kashmir's Kupwara district on Friday.
An official told speaking to the local media Rising Kashmir that, "We have rescued two people and three dead bodies have also been recovered near the accident site".
As per reports on Zee News, three soldiers went missing when the outpost in the Gurez region was hit by a huge avalanche of snow. However, army and police launched a rescue operation and the beacon officer, MP Singh of 109 RCC, was found under the snow and was straight away taken to MI (a mini military hospital) room Chowkibal. The person identified s Ghulam Nabi Bhat s/o Ali Mohd Bhat of Kalmoona, Taratpora was immediacy shifted to nearby hospital for treatment. "Without the local volunteers, it was quite impossible to recover the bodies in the record time keeping in view the tough terrain and bad weather", he said. Multiple avalanches struck Khoni Nallah and swept away 7 to 9 persons.
Local sources in the area said that Sadhna Top is one of the far-flung areas of the Valley and people there have always been demanding a tunnel to make safe their travel in winter.
Amazon Alexa will soon let users control ovens and microwaves
Devices from Amazon and Google are the clear leaders in the smart speaker category with their respective Echo and Home products. The new feature, called Flash Briefing, is easily set up after downloading the Amazon Alexa app on an iOS or Android device.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti today expressed grief and sorrow over the incident, an official spokesman said.
She conveyed her sympathies to the bereaved families.
The Minister expressed deepest condolences with the bereaved families and assured every possible support to them by the state government.
- US Hits Pakistan, Iran, Three Central Asian Nations For Religious Freedom Violations
- Sony Xperia XA2, Xperia XA2 Ultra, Xperia L images and specifications leaked
- Norwich City 0 Chelsea 0: Conte´s second string fail to deliver
- Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov helps injured opponent to sideline
- What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what will happen when it arrives?
- Apple App Store harvested your cash on New Year's Day
- Zarif to Trump: Iranians have right to vote and protest
- Roy Moore accuser sues him for defamation
- ESPN's Nolan hosts after blasting Trump
- SpaceX targeting late January for Falcon Heavy debut