The British number two was left clutching his ankle in agony after slipping during his Brisbane International quarter-final tie with the Bulgarian star.
Instead of going around the court to check on Edmund, the tennis pro went up and over the net before helping the British No. 2 tennis player to the sideline.
Millman, ranked No. 128, raised a exhausted grin for supportive home fans at Pat Rafter Arena, who has gamely fought back from two career-threatening injuries.
"At the end of the day, health above all".
Dimitrov was in control against Edmund as he took the first set but was dragged into a second-set tiebreak which the Briton edged to set up the decider.
Apple App Store harvested your cash on New Year's Day
The Apple acquisition is really exciting for the Apple fans amid legal troubles and iOS issues in the recent past. Buddybuild was founded back in 2015 by two former Amazon employees named Dennis Pilarinos and Christopher Stott.
It was the first serve where the 22-year-old had real joy winning 82 per cent of the points and despite a scare in the second set, Edmund will believe he can go the distance in Brisbane. It was very unfortunate what happened, for sure.
Dimitrov will now play mercurial Australian Nick Kyrgios in a blockbuster semi-final. That's just me, I guess. "I've seen this too many times and know the feeling so I really hope he gets better, that's the only thing", Dimitrov said court during the court-side interview.
But Millman, the fourth-ranked Australian, was prepared a few hours later to play Sydney qualifying, starting Saturday afternoon, but should have earnt himself the third and last of Tennis Australia's wildcards for the tournament's main draw.
Teenage wild-card entry Alex De Minaur followed up his upset victory over Milos Raonic with a routine 6-4, 6-0 win over Michael Mmoh to reach his first tour-level semifinal.
Sasnovich, who has a career-high ranking of No. 85, will meet either defending champion Karolina Pliskova or No. 3-seeded seed Elina Svitolina in the championship match. Harrison was leading 7-6 (6) 4-2 when Uzbekistan's Denis Istomin retired from the contest.
- Fire rips through Bronx building, injuring at least 16, including children
- Texas girls reported missing; Amber Alert issued
- 'Time travel' Hawaiian Airlines flight takes off in 2018, lands in 2017
- Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
- Oil trades near strongest levels since mid-2015 on Iranian unrest
- Sweden rejects United States call for UNSC session over Iran riots
- Winter storm brings rare snow and ice to Southern US states
- Maple Leafs defeat Sharks in six-round shootout
- Did North Korean missile hit a city near Pyongyang last April?
- Passport System Down, Thousands Delayed At Airports Around The Country