Three days later against Chelsea, another contentious spot-kick decision potentially cost Arsenal victory as Eden Hazard was adjudged to have been taken down inside the box, leading Wenger to suggest that there is a conspiracy against his side.
Wenger said: "It was a great game and we showed great mental resources".
"We must be disappointed, me and the players".
Speaking after the game, Wenger told Sky Sports of his disappointment at the decision: "After that, we got again a farcical decision and mentally we were shocked".
Conte discusses Chelsea's draw with Arsenal and Morata's misses
He said before the game against Chelsea: "I must say what is more frustrating for me is that it happened many times this season - at Stoke, at Watford, at Manchester City, at West Brom".
And, with Arsenal having endured a poor few months - including missing out on Champions League qualification for the first time under Arsene Wenger - it is the Blues, Spurs, City, United and the Reds who are represented in the team of the year - according to fans. At the other end Chelsea carved the hosts open only for Alvaro Morata and Cesc Fabregas to waste clear chances.
Morata should have given Chelsea a last-gasp victor but Cech saved his effort when he only had the goalkeeper to beat before Davide Zappacosta crashed a shot against the crossbar.
"Maybe I would have gone home and committed suicide", Wenger half-joked.
Texas girls reported missing; Amber Alert issued
Anyone with information is asked to call the Round Rock Police Department on their tip line at 512-670-5700 or call 911. Police in Round Rock are searching for 14-year-old Lilianais Griffith and seven-year-old Luluvioletta Bandera-Margaret.
- Durant leads NBA All-Star vote, Curry first among guards
- Lottery Fever Sweeps Stateline, Combined Jackpot $1B
- Amazon Alexa will soon let users control ovens and microwaves
- SpaceX targeting late January for Falcon Heavy debut
- Powerball jackpot hits $440M for Wednesday's drawing
- Oil trades near strongest levels since mid-2015 on Iranian unrest
- CES 2018: LG to Debut and Showcase 4K UHD Projector
- Fire rips through Bronx building, injuring at least 16, including children
- Tennis player Grigor Dimitrov helps injured opponent to sideline
- Storm Eleanor set to batter West Sussex