Instead of moving forward in time, this flight went back in time.
But the flight took people back in time, and by the time they arrived at Honolulu, Hawaii, they were back in 2017 with the flight time pegged at 10:15 a.m. HST on December 31.
The idea of time travel is not far-fetched after all.
The flight took off just after midnight from Auckland on January 1 before landing in Hawaii in the morning of December 31.
In what science-fiction fans might enthusiastically call time-travel, the passengers aboard a Hawaiian Airlines flight bid goodbye to 2017 twice, thanks to the time-zone differences.
Wind Chills Drop Below Zero Again
Places such as Boston are on track to break the longest stretch of below-20-degrees days in its recorded history. Mostly sunny skies won't help the temperatures much, with afternoon highs topping out in the low 20s.
Honolulu is 23 hours behind Auckland, thanks to the mid-Pacific location of the worldwide date line. But because of the minor delay, the passengers got to ring in the new year one extra time.
The Journalist took to his twitter handle and said, "Because of an unexpected delay, Hawaiian Airlines flight 446 took off in 2018 and will land in 2017".
Of course, there were a few time travelling jokes. The incident took place because of the presence of International Date Line that the flight crossed while flying towards its destination.
New Zealand is technically only a distance of eight hours by flight to the Hawaiian islands.
- Congress confused on triple talaq: Naqvi
- Ashley Young could face ban for Tadic clash
- Matthew Stafford throws 3 TD passes; Lions beat Packers in finale
- Oil trades near strongest levels since mid-2015 on Iranian unrest
- US Crude Oil Inventories Have Fallen ~10.6% in 2017
- Noon Year's Eve at the Discovery Center Today
- New Year's Eve 2018: Where To Watch Celebration Coverage
- Women of Hollywood join forces to combat sexual harassment with Time's Up
- Sen. Hatch to retire, opening door for possible Romney run
- Fire rips through Bronx building, injuring at least 16, including children