Both lotteries are played in multiple states, including California.
And Americans do love buying lottery tickets.
The winning numbers drawn on Friday for the Mega Millions were 4, 10, 18, 28, 62 with a Megaball of 7 and a Megaplier (multiplier) at 2x.
Mega Millions made a chance in October, giving you more numbers to choose from and making it harder to hit the jackpot.
According to the release, the ticket bought in the town of Colfax was one of three $1 million winners Saturday night.
Tuesday night's Mega Millions jackpot sits at $361 million.
Lottery fever is raging across the country with big money up for grabs in the next Mega Millions and Powerball drawings.
Noon Year's Eve at the Discovery Center Today
Many screamed, cheered and shook homemade noisemakers as the countdown ended and balloons and glitter fell the the floor. That was the countdown for dozens of children in Eldersburg on Saturday as they rang in 2018 a bit earlier than most.
The very next Mega Millions drawing was won by a single lottery ticket sold in IL.
At no time in history have two US jackpots been simultaneously greater than $400 million, but that milestone may be reached if the games roll another drawing or two. Six Mega Millions jackpots were won in 2017. SiLive will also post the winning numbers.
Meanwhile, the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday's drawing is an estimated $440 million.
Tickets for both games sell for $2.
Overseas players can participate in the Powerball.
The official Ohio Lottery site offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
- North Korea vows to bolster its nuclear capability
- LG to unveil 88-inch 8K OLED display at CES 2018
- Harry Kane doubtful for Spurs' trip to Swansea due to illness
- Oil trades near strongest levels since mid-2015 on Iranian unrest
- Eric Garner death: Activist daughter Erica dies aged 27
- Storm Eleanor set to batter West Sussex
- Numbers drawn for the $306 million Mega Millions jackpot
- New Year's Eve 2018: Where To Watch Celebration Coverage
- Passport System Down, Thousands Delayed At Airports Around The Country
- Jack Del Rio fired after loss to Chargers, 6-10 season