The 27-year-old mother of an 8-year-old girl and 4-month old boy had a heart attack on December 23 and was on life support in a Brooklyn hospital.
Erica went into cardiac arrest earlier this week and suffered major brain damage due to a lack of oxygen, rendering her brain dead at the time.
Protesters converged on busy streets, blocking traffic, and staged die-ins, carried mock coffins and chanted "I can't breathe" - Garner's last words before he died.
Erica Garner, 27, had been fighting for her life since she suffered a massive heart attack a week ago, family members told the Daily News Thursday.
US Crude Oil Inventories Have Fallen ~10.6% in 2017
Oil's trading at the highest level since mid-2015 after WTI breached above $60 a barrel for the first time in more than two years. Inventories declined 1% week-over-week and 54.2 MMbbls or 11.15% year-over-year.
Garner became an activist and spoke out against police brutality after her father's death was caught on cell phone video in 2014. But she became outspoken, organizing a "die-in" on the same corner where her father was placed in the chokehold, and accusing Mayor Bill de Blasio of not caring about African-Americans. Later, doctors found that her heart had enlargened.
A medical examiner ruled his death a homicide.
"I pray for peace and comfort for her family and loved ones", Hill added.
Since her father's death, Erica has had two children, including a child in August whom she named after her father. She also appeared in a campaign commercial for Sen. "You have to lead by example, ' now I understand why", Garner said in the video.
She used her prominence to stand up against police brutality and personally endorsed Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders for president. A grand jury declined to indict the officer involved, although the city of NY reached a $5.9 million settlement with the Garner family in 2015 for a wrongful-death lawsuit. One thread of messages claimed NYPD officers kicked everyone out of her hospital room despite the fact that they were allowed to be there.
- Canadian Blood Services needs help this season
- Numbers drawn for the $306 million Mega Millions jackpot
- New Year's Eve 2018: Where To Watch Celebration Coverage
- Plane with 12 believed aboard crashes in Costa Rica
- Himachal Congress MLA slaps lady constable, gets a tighter one in return
- Penn State jumps out to big lead, hangs on to beat Washington
- Harry Kane doubtful for Spurs' trip to Swansea due to illness
- Hina Khan says she never said anything about Puneesh Sharma's
- Matthew Stafford throws 3 TD passes; Lions beat Packers in finale
- Wind Chills Drop Below Zero Again