The twelve-hour strike, which is in force from 6:00 am-6:00 pm today, is to protest the National Medical Commission Bill, which aims to replace the MCI. Certain provisions of the NMC like allowing practitioners of Indian medicine like Ayurveda and Homeopathy to practice Allopathy after completing a bridge course. "Through this Bill, the government is creating problems for education, for the doctors".
The IMA claimed that it has the support of over 25,000 doctors from the government and private sector as well as 10,000 medical students in the state.
Medicos, however, have chose to attend emergency cases and those admitted in hospitals. We have been discussing the National Medical Commission Bill with the government since a year. "85 per cent Government fixed fees in private Medical Colleges", said the statement.
"We will close outpatient services to send out a message that the Bill is draconian", said Dr B Veeranna, secretary, Indian Medical Association, Bengaluru.
The bill is likely to come up for discussion in Parliament on Tuesday.
Special Weather Statement, Wind Chill Advisory issued for Ohio Co
Strengthening northwest winds will direct a surge of arctic-source cold into northern IL and northwest IN on Sunday night. Monday. "A Winter Storm Warning is in effect until 6 pm for western Grant and western Pendleton Counties".
Shah said the provisions of the bill will make medical education in the country expensive. The National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill has already been tabled in the Parliament on Friday and it seeks to replace the MCI.
There is also a strong resentment against the examination that will be conducted by the NMC for medical students after completion of the course to be eligible as practising doctors.
"The NMC Bill will affect the medical profession as nearly 80 percent members in the medical body will be nominated by the government, and only 10-20 percent will be the elected members".
Dr Veeranna said the appointment of members to the commission is not by election, but rather by nomination by the Union government.
However, the Indian Medical Association has labelled NMC bill as anti-poor and anti-people.
- Oyintiloye Urges Youths to Learn Persistence — George Weah's Victory
- US Crude Oil Inventories Have Fallen ~10.6% in 2017
- Himachal Congress MLA slaps lady constable, gets a tighter one in return
- Matthew Stafford throws 3 TD passes; Lions beat Packers in finale
- New Year's Eve 2018: Where To Watch Celebration Coverage
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds hits a whopping 3 million concurrent players on Steam
- Numbers drawn for the $306 million Mega Millions jackpot
- Jack Del Rio fired after loss to Chargers, 6-10 season
- Pence's Aspen neighbors hang 'Make America Gay Again' sign
- Wind Chills Drop Below Zero Again