On Saturday, Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 7.2 degree Celsius; the maximum temperature was recorded at 22.6 degree Celsius.
While 54 domestic flights were delayed and 17 diverted to other airports, eleven global flights were delayed and 8 were diverted due to the dense fog. Among the 300 hundred delayed, 265 were domestic flights and the rest global. "This is so far the worst fog we have experienced this year", said RK Jenamani, Director, IMD, Delhi area and IGI airport.
More than 40 flights were diverted and over 90 flights were affected at Delhi airport before flight operations got back to normalcy, the source said. Flights can land in visibility below 50 metres if pilots are trained in CAT IIIB - which is Category Three.
In neighbouring Rajasthan, at least four people were killed and four injured when their vehicle fell into a pond due to low visibility caused by fog in Bharatpur's Dig. Trains were also hit today due to fog. The visibility later improved to 100 metres at 3 a.m. and to 200 metres at 6 a.m. Piolet from Indira Gandhi International Airport requires 125 meters visibility.
US Crude Oil Inventories Have Fallen ~10.6% in 2017
Oil's trading at the highest level since mid-2015 after WTI breached above $60 a barrel for the first time in more than two years. Inventories declined 1% week-over-week and 54.2 MMbbls or 11.15% year-over-year.
In fact, this dense fog envelope would be responsible for a drop in the maximum temperatures over Delhi-NCR.
On January 1, 2018, the air pollution in the national capital stood on the brink of emergency level adding to the worsening fog condition. 64 trains were delayed and 21 cancelled while 24 were rescheduled, according the spokesperson for the Northern Railways.
The fog also affected train operations with more than 50 trains running behind schedule at the New Delhi railway station.
- Winston, Bucs stun Saints in season finale
- Himachal Congress MLA slaps lady constable, gets a tighter one in return
- Selena Gomez Is Back to Her Natural Brown Hair!
- Noon Year's Eve at the Discovery Center Today
- When can you see the 'wolf moon' in New Orleans?
- Jack Del Rio fired after loss to Chargers, 6-10 season
- Numbers drawn for the $306 million Mega Millions jackpot
- Wind Chills Drop Below Zero Again
- Pence's Aspen neighbors hang 'Make America Gay Again' sign
- Matthew Stafford throws 3 TD passes; Lions beat Packers in finale