Traded by the Royals to the Cubs last December for Jorge Soler, Davis responded by going 4-2 with a 2.30 ERA while picking up 32 saves - a career high. The Davis deal includes a fourth-year option that could push the deal upwards of $60 million.
Davis was an All-Star each of the past three seasons, with the Chicago Cubs this year and the Kansas City Royals the two years before that. He won a World Series in the closing role with Kansas City in 2015, recording the final three outs in game 5 to beat the Mets and win the title.
But the addition of Davis now makes life much easier for Rockies manager Bud Black, a former Major League Baseball pitcher himself.
NO TOKE! More pregnant California moms smoking pot
Along with advising against marijuana use, doctors have long advised pregnant women to avoid drinking alcohol during pregnancy. Some soon-to-be-moms are turning to marijuana to quell the uncomfortable side effects of pregnancy such as morning sickness.
Davis is in a fantastic situation, with the Rockies bullpen already loaded.
Davis didn't earn quite as much on the open market as closers like Aroldis Chapman and Kenley Jansen did a year ago.
The fact that Davis ended up signing with the Rockies is a bit of a surprise. With a deal that's essentially four years and $66 million, Davis sets up other relievers for a big payday.
That all being said, while Davis could be very much touch-and-go in Colorado, he still gives the Rockies the best chance at getting back to the playoffs and building upon being the second NL Wild Card team last season. Instead, they've ended up with Davis as the back of their bullpen. Morrow could be the Cubs' closer in 2018.
- Kabul blast kills 25 at Afghan Voice news agency, cultural center
- Homeowners in High-Tax States Scramble to Pre-Pay Property Taxes
- SoftBank Succeeds in Tender Offer for Large Stake in Uber
- Arctic air will be here for the ball drop!
- Khloé Kardashian Slams Haters Criticizing Her For Working Out While Pregnant!
- Colder weather on the way
- Library of Congress Says It Will No Longer Archive Every Public Tweet
- Eric Garner's Daughter Declared Brain Dead, According to Mother
- Dirk Koetter will be Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach in 2018
- Flu Season is Coming, Are You Ready?