Traded by the Royals to the Cubs last December for Jorge Soler, Davis responded by going 4-2 with a 2.30 ERA while picking up 32 saves - a career high. The Davis deal includes a fourth-year option that could push the deal upwards of $60 million.
Davis was an All-Star each of the past three seasons, with the Chicago Cubs this year and the Kansas City Royals the two years before that. He won a World Series in the closing role with Kansas City in 2015, recording the final three outs in game 5 to beat the Mets and win the title.
But the addition of Davis now makes life much easier for Rockies manager Bud Black, a former Major League Baseball pitcher himself.
Arctic air will be here for the ball drop!
Highs Sunday through Tuesday will range from the mid 20s to around 30, and overnight lows will be in the single digits and teens. Far western areas did see some clearing skies Thursday afternoon and more of the Big Country can expect that into Friday .
Davis is in a fantastic situation, with the Rockies bullpen already loaded.
Davis didn't earn quite as much on the open market as closers like Aroldis Chapman and Kenley Jansen did a year ago.
The fact that Davis ended up signing with the Rockies is a bit of a surprise. With a deal that's essentially four years and $66 million, Davis sets up other relievers for a big payday.
That all being said, while Davis could be very much touch-and-go in Colorado, he still gives the Rockies the best chance at getting back to the playoffs and building upon being the second NL Wild Card team last season. Instead, they've ended up with Davis as the back of their bullpen. Morrow could be the Cubs' closer in 2018.
- Four found dead in possible homicide in Troy basement apartment
- Eric Garner's Daughter Declared Brain Dead, According to Mother
- Apple CEO gets salary raise after higher profits through iPhone sales
- NO TOKE! More pregnant California moms smoking pot
- Trump lashes out at Vanity Fair for backtracking on Hillary Clinton video
- Flu Season is Coming, Are You Ready?
- Dirk Koetter will be Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach in 2018
- Roy Moore files complaint to block Alabama Senate result
- Khloé Kardashian Slams Haters Criticizing Her For Working Out While Pregnant!
- Colder weather on the way