The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made a decision to retain coach Dirk Koetter, according to multiple reports on Friday. Like Koetter, Caldwell is also on the hot seat, with an 8-7 record going into Week 17. According to NBC's Pro Football Talk, "there's a growing sense" that the current NFL broadcaster will return to Tampa Bay.
Koetter is 13-18 in his two seasons as head coach but has been instrumental in the progress of third year quarterback Jameis Winston. There is reason to believe that a healthy Winston can make another jump next season, but this team should've performed better in 2017.
"Dirk has been here (since) my first year, " Winston said.
The Saints ruled out offensive tackle Terron Armstead for Sunday's regular-season finale against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Saints running back Mark Ingram is just the fifth player in team history with 1,000+ rushing yards and 10+ rushing touchdowns, and the first since Deuce McAllister in 2006. I think he has taught me a lot, especially just me playing quarterback. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Bucs "D" under coordinator Mike Smith after it's been one of the NFL's more disappointing units, ranked last in sack percentage, 31st in yardage and 24th in points allowed.
Husband arrested in connection with woman's stairwell death in Brooklyn
The body of 22-year-old Tonie Wells was found at the base of a stairwell in her Crown Heights, Brooklyn apartment Wednesday. Bruises were found on her neck, and her husband, Barry Wells, was arrested.
Still, the season was a disappointment for the Buccaneers.
We'll post more details shortly.
Concluding a three game December home stand, the Carolina Panthers finished by defeating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22-19 on Christmas Eve. There have also been games in which he's clearly been hampered by an ailing shoulder.
Though Tampa is 0-4 over the stretch, Winston has tossed eight touchdowns against just two interceptions, tallying a passer rating north of 112.7 in three of the past four games.
- Flu Season is Coming, Are You Ready?
- Barnes backing Liverpool boss Klopp over cautious market approach
- The statistics behind another big shopping day, the day after Christmas
- Trump lashes out at Vanity Fair for backtracking on Hillary Clinton video
- Colder weather on the way
- Dossier a 'Crooked Hillary Piece of Garbage'
- British woman Laura Plummer jailed in Egypt for carrying painkillers
- Apple CEO gets salary raise after higher profits through iPhone sales
- Cardi B Is Coming After the Hackers Who Leaked Explicit Videos
- Chiefs Will Start QB Patrick Mahomes On Sunday