Despite the statement from Mayweather, one thing that UFC President Dana White doesn't want people to do is to count anything out when it comes to the boxer in the UFC.
One of 2018's biggest MMA mysteries is if Conor McGregor will return to MMA and who would he fight. To make matters worse, he hasn't even stepped foot inside the Octagon to compete since November 2016, with no set timetable on when (or if) he will.
It was hoped that McGregor would return to the Octagon in the main event of UFC 219 to defend his title and see 2017 out in style but discussions on that were given the kibosh after his ill-advised antics at a Bellator event in Dublin.
White told ESPN that he is not interested in a St. Pierre vs. McGregor fight, and continued to shoot down rumors of negotiations between both fighters' camps. "It's real. He was talking about [boxing] McGregor". He tried not to do it, but he contractually had to let go of the 145-pound belt. McGregor and Diaz ultimately fought twice, after Diaz won the first contest.
In vacating his middleweight belt, GSP violated a clause in his contract that mandated he defend his title, should he win.
Homeowners in High-Tax States Scramble to Pre-Pay Property Taxes
The county was unable to accept those payments up until late last week because systems were down due a hacking earlier this month. The Chemung County Treasurer's office is reminding people that you may be able to pay your 2018 property taxes, before 2017 ends.
It was nonetheless an indication that a comeback was soon forthcoming, with interim 155lb. champion Tony Ferguson waiting in the wings. The Irish champ, who reportedly banked more than $100 million for "The Money Fight", has said he wants an ownership stake in the UFC, which White won't entertain.
This year, McGregor took on Floyd Mayweather in a "money fight". "And I still don't", White said.
It's a similar situation to late 2015, when McGregor won the UFC's featherweight title by knocking out Jose Aldo. It looks like if Conor McGregor doesn't come back promptly to fight Tony Ferguson, he will not be stripped.
Reuters/Mathieu BelangerUltimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight and former welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre is shown in this photo. "The question is does he want to come back and do it?"
- Father, daughters among 5 dead in United States plane crash
- Barnes backing Liverpool boss Klopp over cautious market approach
- Chiefs Will Start QB Patrick Mahomes On Sunday
- Pak-China-Afghan trilateral meeting stresses over talks with Taliban
- Map: See how far Thomas Fire zone would extend in San Jose
- James Harrison Signs with New England Patriots
- Ukraine: Rebels and govt swap first prisoners under new deal
- Dossier a 'Crooked Hillary Piece of Garbage'
- The statistics behind another big shopping day, the day after Christmas
- British woman Laura Plummer jailed in Egypt for carrying painkillers