According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, the state has reached widespread status, meaning cases of the flu have been confirmed in pretty much every community across the state.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone over the age of 6 get their flu shot each season. OH was already on the list.
The number of influenza cases and related fatalities skyrocketed in the San Diego region last week, pushing the "flu season" totals to levels far ahead of the same time a year ago, county health officials reported Wednesday. Additionally, a map from the CDC shows that there is widespread flu activity in 23 states across the country.
Many chain drug-store retailers have the flu vaccine available.
Experts say getting a flu shot is still a good idea, since flu season could last several more months.
This means it's still wise to get a flu shot to protect yourself and your loved ones this flu season, which will continue well into spring.
Homeowners in High-Tax States Scramble to Pre-Pay Property Taxes
The county was unable to accept those payments up until late last week because systems were down due a hacking earlier this month. The Chemung County Treasurer's office is reminding people that you may be able to pay your 2018 property taxes, before 2017 ends.
Each year, a flu vaccine is created to target strains of the viruses expected to be most dominant that particular season.
One preventative step is trying to avoid close contact with people who are sick if possible. Most flu vaccines protect against strains that are only respiratory in nature.
"Flu vaccine can keep you from getting flu, make flu less severe if you do get it, and keep you from spreading flu to your family and other people, especially newborns and young infants, children, seniors, and persons at risk of complications from the flu".
Typically we don't see the flu season kick into high gear this early. The CDC reports there are almost 8,000 confirmed cases of the flu nationwide. In most places, the shot should be available until January or February as the flu season can last months, sometimes even until May.
A flu shot is your best defense.
For more information about Arizona influenza visit the ADHS website. "It can take up to two weeks to build full immunity to the flu after you are vaccinated, so I encourage everyone who has not yet had a flu shot to get one today".
- British woman Laura Plummer jailed in Egypt for carrying painkillers
- Jay Ajayi celebrated a TD by pretending to be Santa
- Dossier a 'Crooked Hillary Piece of Garbage'
- Cardi B Is Coming After the Hackers Who Leaked Explicit Videos
- United States sanctions two more North Korean officials over ballistic missile programme
- James Harrison Signs with New England Patriots
- Four found dead in possible homicide in Troy basement apartment
- Father, daughters among 5 dead in United States plane crash
- President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump's 2017 Christmas Message
- Steelers vs. Texans: 4 bold predictions sure to go wrong