Mary Horomanski's electric gadgets were working fine but it was her electric bill that gave the Pennsylvanian a shock.
"My eyes just about popped out of my head". Can you blame her? "We had put up Christmas lights and I wondered if we had put them up wrong", she told the Erie Times-News, which first reported the story. Not even Clark Griswold could rack up such a bill with Christmas lights, so it was obviously a mistake.
Looking on the bright side, Horomanski's electric company did offer the 58-year-old a minimum payment option of just $28,156 due in December.
That's a pretty big difference.
Horomanski checked her account statement online earlier this month and saw that she was being zapped for $284,460,000,000 by Penelec, her electric provider.
James Harrison Signs with New England Patriots
The team also uses linebackers Kyle Van Noy , Trevor Reilly and Marquis Flowers at the end of the line, depending on the package. Both the Steelers and Patriots have earned a playoff berth and a bye-week in the upcoming National Football League playoffs.
"I can't recall ever seeing a bill for billions of dollars", Durbin said.
After speaking with her son, who promptly contacted the utility company, she learned that the entire episode had thankfully been nothing more than a freaky error.
The error was fixed to the right amount: $284.46.
An Erie, Pennsylvania woman was surprised this week with an electric bill which equaled almost the entire GDP of the country of Chile, the Erie Times-News reported. A spokesperson for Penelec said the company was investigating the error and that it involved moving a decimal point by mistake.
- Ukraine grateful for United States weapons, Russian Federation voices outrage
- Jay Ajayi celebrated a TD by pretending to be Santa
- President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump's 2017 Christmas Message
- Four found dead in possible homicide in Troy basement apartment
- Pak-China-Afghan trilateral meeting stresses over talks with Taliban
- Cardi B Is Coming After the Hackers Who Leaked Explicit Videos
- National Weather Service issues high wind advisory
- Map: See how far Thomas Fire zone would extend in San Jose
- Father, daughters among 5 dead in United States plane crash
- LeBron James Talks About Enjoying Christmas Games At Staples Center