The National Retail Federation projects that holiday retail sales in the two month this year will be up between 3.6 percent and 4 percent for a total between $678.8 billion and $682 billion.
With Christmas over, now is the time people try to figure out which of those gifts they'll keep and which will be returned to the store.
The Citadel: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Some were returning unwanted gifts, or gifts that didn't quite work for the recipient.
It's not only a big day for returning items but for shopping in general, and people decide to spend money on themselves.
He said he enjoyed his shopping experience at the mall Tuesday.
Most stores had special sales at the Sun Valley Mall in Concord, Calif., on Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017.
First AC local train starts in Mumbai on the Borivali Churchgate route
Initially, it was meant to be run on the central line but it was later made a decision to run it first on the western line. In case of emergencies, emergency ladders with signage inside the coach are given to facilitate evacuation of passengers.
Rachel Terry sat on a bench outside of Forever 21 at the Dayton Mall with her children - taking a break from the post-Christmas crowds.
Despite limited parking and heavy crowds, shoppers told Channel 9 that it was all worth it for the bargains they were finding.
The reasons for shopping don't end at gift cards and sales.
Montgomery resident Tyler Eubanks said he was looking to buy some clothes with the Christmas cash he received this year.
Another shopper said she got plenty of gifts cards as Christmas gifts but she's saving them. "It's just kind of all part of the shopping season this time of year". NY and Company advertised up to 80 percent off on "everything". "Last year, before and after Christmas was insane". Specialty apparel and department stores saw "moderate" gains. "During the pre-purchase phase, a lenient return policy can give consumers the assurance and security that they will be able to return a product if they don't like it", a NRF report found. "Overall, this year was a big win for retail".
Some of the stores like Kohls, Dick's Sporting Goods and Old Navy extended their holiday hours and opened early again today.
Throngs of shoppers milled in and out of stores at area malls on the day after Christmas. On Monday, citing data from Mastercard Inc., the Wall Street Journal reported that sales rose 4.9 percent from November 1 through Christmas Eve, compared with a 3.7 percent increase in the same period past year.
- Queen hails terror-hit United Kingdom cities in Christmas Day message
- Christmas tree recycling continues until January 23
- Kulbhushan Jadhav's Mother and wife to meet him in Pakistan today
- President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump's 2017 Christmas Message
- Odisha Celebrates Christmas with Joy and Fervour
- Pak-China-Afghan trilateral meeting stresses over talks with Taliban
- Jay Ajayi celebrated a TD by pretending to be Santa
- At least five dead after Moscow bus ploughs into underground walkway
- Cardi B Is Coming After the Hackers Who Leaked Explicit Videos
- Father, daughters among 5 dead in United States plane crash