The hazardous weather includes bitter cold wind chills and cold temperatures.
Watch Channel 11 Morning News starting at 4:30 a.m. for wind chills.
In addition to the winds, several inches of snow are expected to fall Tuesday into Wednesday night. Highs near 24° but wind chills will be in the single digits and drop below zero after sunset.
In Billings on Saturday, there's a 20 percent chance of snow before 11 a.m.
At least four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir border firing
In a strongly worded press statement, the Indian Army warned Pakistan saying martyrdom of Indian soldiers will not go in vain. Nuclear-armed India and Pakistan claim the divided Kashmir region in its entirety and have fought two wars over it.
West winds of 15 to 25 miles per hour are expected with gusts up to 50 miles per hour.
Note on the map below, Chicago rests on the southern fringe of a widespread area of Wind Chill Advisories/Warnings that extends to Montana and the Dakotas, as well as Minnesota and Wisconsin and northern Iowa. Winds: W 15-30 miles per hour.
Temperatures are forecast to moderate some towards the end of the week before another arctic blast arrives just before the new year.
On Sunday, there will be patchy, blowing snow before 11 a.m, and then sunny skies with a high near 19 and wind chill values as low as minus 20.
- Odisha Celebrates Christmas with Joy and Fervour
- Steelers vs. Texans: 4 bold predictions sure to go wrong
- First AC local train starts in Mumbai on the Borivali Churchgate route
- Apple sued after admitting to slowing down older iPhones
- Liverpool's title race is run but we are improving, insists Jürgen Klopp
- Jennifer Lawrence buys Kris Jenner a Porsche
- 'Russian spy' who worked as interpreter at Number 10 is arrested
- Kulbhushan Jadhav's Mother and wife to meet him in Pakistan today
- David Davis backtracks on threat to quit if Damian Green is sacked
- Anushka, Virat hit the dance floor at their wedding reception