Officials in Tunis have barred the carrier from touching down in the capital due after the airline stopped the country's women from flying to or transiting through the UAE at the weekend.
"We highly value Tunisian women and respect them", he added.
Tunisia's state-run news agency TAP quoted the UAE ambassador to Tunisia as saying that the measures were "temporary and relating to security arrangements" and that the travel restrictions have been lifted.
Earlier on Friday, the Tunisian ministry of transport condemned the move as "illegal" and "contradictory to the regulations in force in worldwide civil aviation".
United Arab Emirates-based private airline Emirates has been banned from landing in Tunisia over violation of "international law and treaties".
The travel ban has sparked a wave of fierce criticism in Tunisia.
LG to debut new 34-inch 5K monitor at CES
Expect more details of the above, and we would hope to find out availability dates and pricing, early next year. The 34GK950G has a 34-inch screen, again using the new Nano IPS technology, and it offers a QHD resolution.
A Tunisian foreign ministry spokesman said Friday that the sudden ban would be dealt with "to maintain the dignity of Tunisians".
Imed Daimi, the leader of the Harak Tounes al-Irada party, struck a harsher tone. The decision applied to women and girls of all ages.
"The UAE authorities informed the Tunisian side about the reports and information on [terrorists'] plans to attack the UAE and stage a terror attack involving Tunisian women during the Christmas celebrations", a high-ranking source in the Tunisian government has confirmed Sputnik on Monday.
According to the email, the only exceptions to this directive were females who hold Tunisian diplomatic passports or those with valid UAE residential visas.
The condemnations came hours after a female Tunisian writer, Maha Jouini, was prevented from traveling on a UAE plane from Beirut to Beijing, China.
- LeBron James Talks About Enjoying Christmas Games At Staples Center
- PM, Rahul's Gujarat temple visits pure votebank politics: Owaisi
- Kim Jong-hyun's Funeral Included K-Pop Stars Carrying His Coffin
- Eating Green Vegetables Can Help Prevent Dementia
- Papa Johns apologizes for national anthem protest comments
- Dershowitz Lauds Haley: UN is a 'Place of Hate' for US, Israel
- City gets its white Christmas after all
- Anushka, Virat hit the dance floor at their wedding reception
- At least four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir border firing
- Apple sued after admitting to slowing down older iPhones