In Manchester a few months later 22 people - including children - were killed when a lone suicide attacker detonated an explosive device as crowds of music fans left Manchester Arena following a performance by United States singer Ariana Grande.
In Manchester, 22 were killed and 60 injured during May's suicide bomb attack on the city's concert hall.
Her message's main theme was the importance of home.
Praising her husband of 70 years, Prince Philip, who said in May that he would be stepping back from most public engagements, the queen said: "I know his support and unique sense of humour will remain as strong as ever as we enjoy spending time this Christmas with our family, and look forward to welcoming new members into it next year".
Excerpts released by Buckingham Palace show the queen will pay tribute to London and Manchester and how they came together after the extremist attacks made earlier this year.
Miss America officials resign, 1 apologizes to ex-winner
But he nonetheless apologized to her on Saturday, saying the comment does not reflect his values or those of the organization. He also mused about renaming Miss America winners "c-ts", as per the Hollywood Reporter .
Headline making events during 2017 include June's General Election, the devastating Grenfell Tower fire, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement and the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
This year's annual address has been produced by Sky News and was recorded in the palace's 1844 room which is decorated with a large tree and features family photos.
The message ended as it had begun with a performance by the Commonwealth Youth Orchestra and Choir, and the Queen's closing words reflected her faith: 'It is Jesus Christ's generous love and example which has inspired me through good times and bad'.
She returned for the traditional service after having missed it previous year due to a lingering cold.
The Queen left London by train last week for her Christmas stay on the Sandringham estate.
Meghan, who will take British citizenship and get baptised by the Church of England before the wedding, will also attend the Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham, a spokesperson has confirmed.
Royal convention has been eased to allow an unmarried partner to join in the royal family's traditional Christmas festivities.
- Kim Jong-hyun's Funeral Included K-Pop Stars Carrying His Coffin
- Democrats push to renew Children's Health Insurance Program
- Year old Sandhya Rani Burnt Alive By Former Colleague Who Stalked Her
- Papa Johns apologizes for national anthem protest comments
- At least four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir border firing
- At least five dead after Moscow bus ploughs into underground walkway
- Liverpool's title race is run but we are improving, insists Jürgen Klopp
- Saif, Kareena, Karisma celebrate Taimur's first birthday at Pataudi Palace
- Anushka, Virat hit the dance floor at their wedding reception
- PM, Rahul's Gujarat temple visits pure votebank politics: Owaisi