Pakistan foreign ministry spokesperson Mohammad Faisal tweeted that the meeting was arranged in light of "Islamic traditions and based on purely humanitarian grounds".
This information was shared by Pakistan Foreign Ministry to Geo Tv.
Indian Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh was present at the meeting between Jadhav and his family, which will last 30 minutes. They will be briefly uniting with him post 1 pm.
Coming on today's meeting, Faisal said Jadhav and his family have expressed gratitude to Pakistani officials for the meeting.
Pakistan claims its security forces arrested Jadhav alias Hussein Mubarak Patel from its restive Balochistan province on March 3 past year after he reportedly entered from Iran.
The mother and wife of a former Indian Navy officer, accused of espionage, have met him at the office of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad.
David Davis backtracks on threat to quit if Damian Green is sacked
Ms Maltby is not commenting on Mr Green's resignation until she receives more details from the Cabinet Office. The letter also said Mr Green, 61, "recognised" he made a female journalist "feel uncomfortable".
Jadhav has been lodged in a Pakistani jail facing death sentence on charges of espionage. The ICJ halted his execution on India's appeal pending the final verdict by it.
Pakistan claims its security forces arrested Jadhav alias Hussein Mubarak Patel from its restive Balochistan province on March 3 a year ago after he reportedly entered from Iran. India maintains that Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran where he had business interests after retiring from the Indian Navy. He said the case was still pending before the International Court of Justice, and that Jadhav had requested clemency from Pakistan's army chief, Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa. "He has been sentenced to death by Pakistan", he said.
Here is one of the photos, which clearly shows the women believed to be Kulbhushan's mother wearing what appears to be a sweater and a dupatta that nowhere matches what she was shown wearing just some time ago.
India has warned Pakistan of consequences and damage to bilateral ties if the "premeditated murder" was carried out.
Earlier, Pakistan released a video of Jadhav in which he thanked the Pak govt for "grand gesture".
- 'Russian spy' who worked as interpreter at Number 10 is arrested
- Eating Green Vegetables Can Help Prevent Dementia
- FA did not punish Mourinho for his words about Manchester City players
- Liverpool's title race is run but we are improving, insists Jürgen Klopp
- United Nations slaps new sanctions on North Korea
- Mariah Carey to Perform Again on 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- The 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Trailer Teases New Music, a Pregnancy & ...No Meryl?
- Apple sued after admitting to slowing down older iPhones
- Democrats push to renew Children's Health Insurance Program
- At least four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir border firing