Sensing the damage the news could do in the majority Hindu state, Gujarat, during the elections, the Congress came up with a claim that Rahul is a janeu-dhari (the one who wears Brahminical thread) Hindu.
Interacting with mediapersons here at his party office here, Mr Owaisi said the temple politics of both parties indicated that they were deliberately attempting to politically marginalise Muslims.
Addressing a rally of his supporters on Friday night, Owaisi said: "I want to ask the Congress party, why they went to so many temples in Gujarat and why they didn't visit even a single mosque, madarsa or dargah".
'Russian spy' who worked as interpreter at Number 10 is arrested
The SBU said in a statement that the official was recruited by Russian agents while he travelled overseas . BREAKING: Was a Russian spy inside Downing St in July? The SBU said he was detained at his workplace.
On Thursday, a special CBI court in Delhi had acquitted all the accused in the 2G spectrum scam, an alleged corruption scandal which is said to be one of the reasons for the defeat of the UPA-II, led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in 2014. In another hard-hitting attack, Gandhi tweeted that if BJP was to make a film franchise then the party leaders will surely call it, "Lie Hard". Jaffrelot says, "Probably till the last two or three weeks - till Modi jumped in - merchants and traders of Surat were ready to vote against the BJP or abstain..."
In Gujarat, the Congress has lost the election but the party has been boasting about the results as a symbolic victory for its cadre as it instilled a sense of confidence within the ranks. During his campaign in Gujarat, the Congress president had made it a point to visit 26 temples, inviting allegations of peddling soft Hindutva. 70% of you believed this.
"Rahul Gandhi, is this the low level of political discourse that you are capable of?"
- South Florida scores late TD to outlast Texas Tech in Birmingham Bowl
- Apple sued after admitting to slowing down older iPhones
- Papa Johns apologizes for national anthem protest comments
- Kim Jong-hyun's Funeral Included K-Pop Stars Carrying His Coffin
- Liverpool's title race is run but we are improving, insists Jürgen Klopp
- Hat-trick hero Kane joins Shearer, chases Messi
- Canada's move as U.S. confirms hefty Bombardier trade duties
- Cuban Leader Raúl Castro Will Stay In Power Past February
- Google celebrates the winter solstice with new Doodle
- The 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Trailer Teases New Music, a Pregnancy & ...No Meryl?