Mariah Carey has confirmed that she will return to Times Square in NY to ring in 2018.
This year, Carey takes another stab at it, hitting the stage at 11:45 p.m.
A visibly upset Carey said she was leaving but then stayed, with her back-up dancers still performing and the producers switching to an audio recording of her voice.
Following the show, Carey posted a meme of herself on social media with the message "s-- happens". The performance went viral for all the wrong reasons. But it also led to a public battle between her and Dick Clark Productions as to who was at fault, with Carey's team charging sabotage with technical glitches, including a faulty ear piece, and Dick Clark productions denying the claims and claiming she hadn't rehearsed enough.
Carey was allegedly the victim of a technical malfunction when she appeared on the big stage in 2016-2017, although her freaky off-camera demeanor made others question whether sound was the issue. So this year she's returning for a do-over and to show what she's really made of.
Apple sued after admitting to slowing down older iPhones
Still, some argue that even if Apple does so with customers in mind, keeping it a secret doesn't create a lot of consumer trust . They argue Apple didn't have consent to slow their phones and that they are entitled to compensation.
"We can all agree that a year ago didn't go exactly as planned and we are thrilled to move forward together to provide America with an incredible night of music and celebration on", Dick Clark Productions and Carey said in a joint statement.
Carey was also criticized for a performance she did during the 2014 "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" tree-lighting ceremony. "See you in Times Square!" said Carey in a statement.
"Last night's situation was beyond my control", she tweeted. Carey joins previously announced Times Square performers including chart-topping singer/songwriter Camila Cabello, multi-platinum singer/songwriter and actor Nick Jonas and award-winning duo Sugarland.
ABC's coverage starts at 8 p.m. December 31 and runs five and a half years.
- FA did not punish Mourinho for his words about Manchester City players
- At least four Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir border firing
- David Davis backtracks on threat to quit if Damian Green is sacked
- Bristol City dump holders Man Utd out of League Cup
- Cuban Leader Raúl Castro Will Stay In Power Past February
- Arsene Wenger admits unpredictability of Liverpool rotation makes preparation "difficult"
- Year old Sandhya Rani Burnt Alive By Former Colleague Who Stalked Her
- Democrats push to renew Children's Health Insurance Program
- South Florida scores late TD to outlast Texas Tech in Birmingham Bowl
- United Nations slaps new sanctions on North Korea