Sandhya suffered 84 per cent burns.
Sumathi also added that the accused also told the police that the victim rejected him saying that she was more lovely and talented than him. In the past too, neither the victim nor anyone else at her behest approached the police to inform about the stalking by karthik. The attacker is identified as Karthik, and he is suspected to be her ex-boyfriend.
Sandhya Rani's family is still in a state of shock - set afire by the very man who claimed to love her.
Sandhya had been working in a commercial establishment for about a year. When she declined, he immediately took out a bottle of petrol and threw on her and set on fire.
Another officer of Telangana Police said, "The victim succumbed to her injuries around 7:30 am while undergoing treatment at Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad". "He has reportedly told the police that she didn't reciprocate his feelings", it added.
Trump disputes report he was angry over Gorsuch comments
Trump was anxious that Gorsuch would not be "loyal", one of the sources told the Post . Further, he accused the Washington Post of inventing the "unnamed sources".
Quoting eye-witnesses, the police said she was returning home when the youth on a motorcycle met her. "Kids and elderly folk, all greeted her when she took her dog out for a walk every morning".
"Karthik had no job for the past year and had been drinking a lot". "Investigations have revealed that Karthik had been chasing and harassing Sandhya for months".
"On Thursday, Karthik proposed and I refused to marry him". The victim is the last daughter of her mother, who has a total of six daughters.
On a complaint, the Lalaguda police booked a case against Karthik and formed teams to track him.
According to the Indian Express report, a case has been registered against Karthik at the Lalaguda police station under Sections of IPC 302, 354, 354 D, and SC/ST Atrocities Act as Sandhya belonged to the Mala community.
- Papa Johns apologizes for national anthem protest comments
- Cuban Leader Raúl Castro Will Stay In Power Past February
- Turkish FM to head to USA for United Nations vote on Jerusalem
- Democrats push to renew Children's Health Insurance Program
- Videos show officer being dragged by suspect's auto
- United Nations slaps new sanctions on North Korea
- Google celebrates the winter solstice with new Doodle
- The 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Trailer Teases New Music, a Pregnancy & ...No Meryl?
- Trump commutes sentence for local rabbi's father
- MLS plans expansion team in Nashville; announcement tomorrow