The selected brooch depicts a "blackamoor", a golliwog-like slave character popularized during the 1800s and turned into jewelry for white aristocracy.
When Meghan Markle attended the Queen's Christmas luncheon yesterday at Buckingham Palace, she joined about 50 members of the royal family at the gathering, from Prince William and Kate Middleton, to Prince Harry's cousins Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice. Markle wore a gorgeous black Ralph & Russo gown with a sheer, embellished bodice and full tulle skirt from the designer's fall 2017 couture collection. Princess Michael of Kent might want to give that letter a close read.
Princess Michael is not believed to have been sat at the same table as Miss Markle, 36, but would have been introduced to her for the first time at the private family gathering where the Suits star was to be welcomed by her future husband's extended family.
Since then, headlines about her joining the Royal family and moving to London can be seen nearly anywhere.
Royal Relative Accused of Donning Blackamoor Jewelry to Offend Meghan Markle
It would be easier to look the other way if the princess didn't have history of racism-but she unfortunately does.
The incident drags up a series of similarly distressing events such as a 2004 incident in which the princess allegedly told correspondent A. J. Calloway, for "Extra" on BET, to "go back to the colonies" after instructing him and fellow diners to shut tf up at a restaurant. I wanted to be a writer.
Prince Harry defended Meghan Markle past year against gross media reporting out of England.
"I always knew that when people who aren't like us claim that hereditary rank is not part of human nature, they must be wrong".
Isaiah Thomas Nearly Ready To Begin 5-On-5 Practice
According to Dave McMenamin of ESPN , Isaiah Thomas (hip) has ruled out a return to the court before Christmas. Thomas has missed the entire season so far as he continues to recover from an injury to his right hip.
- Last day for Christmas delivery
- Business as usual for European Union banks after Brexit
- Apple is reportedly working to enable universal iOS and Mac apps
- Cuban Leader Raúl Castro Will Stay In Power Past February
- Facebook expands its use of facial recognition technology
- Health officials: 6 Oklahomans have died from the flu this season
- Patchy fog expected through Monday morning, showers forecast for Tuesday
- Ofcom confirms new rules to ease mobile number porting
- Twitter Starts Banning Extremists Under New Rules, Which Exempt Trump
- Twitter suspends accounts of far-right British group retweeted by Trump