LG refers to the new monitors as upgraded models of existing popular displays, and all three of them will support the company's Nano IPS display technology, as well as the DisplayHDR 600 spec.
Nano IPS is developed to improved colour accuracy and it is the reverse of what QLED is.
LG just announced their first 21: 9 monitor with a resolution of 5120x2160 pixels. Well, sort of 5K-that resolution is technically 5,120 x 2,160, meaning it has the same number of vertical pixels as a 4K monitor but adds pixels horizontally.
The first variant - called 32UK950 - will end up sporting a 32-inch 4K UHD display. Like the 32UK950 above, it will have HDR600 support and Thunderbolt 3. This results in greatly enhanced intensity and purity of on-screen colours for a more accurate and life-like viewing experience, says the firm. LG model 32UK950 features the first Thunderbolt 3 docking display to support 4K daisy chaining, allowing a set-up of dual 4K monitors. That means you can plug in a Thunderbolt 3-compatible laptop like a MacBook Pro 15 to charge your computer over the same cable used to plug into the monitor. Moreover, the ultrawide monitor features 4-side edge borderless design and slim Edge-Arcline Stand. The 34GK950G has a 34-inch screen, again using the new Nano IPS technology, and it offers a QHD resolution.
Google celebrates the winter solstice with new Doodle
If you don't like the cold, here's a silver lining: Whatever the rest of winter brings, daylight is once again on the upswing. " December 21st marks the 2017 winter solstice , as well as the first day of winter on the astronomical calendar".
LG to release Dolby Atmos Sound Bar and LOUDR Speakers - 01/04/2017 08:50 AMThis week at the Consumer Electronics Show LG Electronics (LG) is showcasing an expanded lineup of audio products.
"With these latest premium monitors from LG, we wanted to communicate that LG is absolutely committed to delivering the best possible screen resolution and the best user experience on a desk or workspace", said Chang Ik-hwan, head of LG's IT business division.
All this and more can be experienced personally at LG's booth (#11100) in Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during CES 2018.
Expect more details of the above, and we would hope to find out availability dates and pricing, early next year.
- MLS plans expansion team in Nashville; announcement tomorrow
- Trump disputes report he was angry over Gorsuch comments
- Canada's move as U.S. confirms hefty Bombardier trade duties
- Turkish FM to head to USA for United Nations vote on Jerusalem
- Democrats push to renew Children's Health Insurance Program
- Saif, Kareena, Karisma celebrate Taimur's first birthday at Pataudi Palace
- Trump commutes sentence for local rabbi's father
- Cuban Leader Raúl Castro Will Stay In Power Past February
- Patchy fog expected through Monday morning, showers forecast for Tuesday
- Arsene Wenger admits unpredictability of Liverpool rotation makes preparation "difficult"