The agency says that's about 37,000 more people living in the state. IL lost more than 33,000 residents, dropping to the sixth most populous state in the union with 12,802,023 residents.
Different states in the West - Nevada, Utah and Washington - saw comparative rate increments in their populace.
Iowa's population grew by half of one percent, ranking it 26th in the nation.
The state now trails Pennsylvania in population by about 3,500 people, making IL the sixth-most-populous state in the U.S.
Colorado's population now stands at 5,607,154, up from 5,530,105 previous year and 5,029,325 in 2010.
Although the mining industry, including oil and gas extraction, in Wyoming added over 1,000 jobs from mid-2016 to mid-2017, almost all other sectors of the state's economy still saw job losses, led by construction and government. The population of voting-age residents (adults age 18 and over) grew to 252.1 million (77.4 percent of the 2017 total population), an increase of 0.93 percent from 2016 (249.5 million).
Islamic State Attack In Kabul Ended, Three Militants Reported Killed
Gunmen stormed a military training centre in the Afghan capital, Kabul, triggering clashes with police. The attackers reportedly used rocket-propelled grenades and light weapons.
As for why the decline is happening, Harger said it could be linked to a declining birth rate for the state, a drop in domestic migration - meaning people coming to IL from other states - and a "leveling off" of foreign migration.
Idaho came in at No. 1, with a 2.2 percent increase to 1.7 million from July 1, 2016 to July 1, 2017. In 2017, 38.0 percent of the nation's population lived in the South and 23.8 percent lived in the West. Wyoming had the largest percentage decline (1.0 percent). Wyoming, at about 579,000 people, is the least populous state. It's a.72 percent growth nationwide.
That decline is one of the worst, according to data released Wednesday by the Census Bureau.
ME grew 4 percent, Rhode Island by 2 percent, and CT and Vermont basically broke even.
Norwalk, with 88,438 residents, lost a handful of people between 2015 and 2016, but its population grew by 3.3 percent since 2010, the numbers show. Net global migration decreased 1.8% - the first drop since 2012 to 2013.
- Apple is reportedly working to enable universal iOS and Mac apps
- How someone stole a family's Christmas Grinch
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
- BlackBerry Priv no longer receiving monthly updates
- Turkish FM to head to USA for United Nations vote on Jerusalem
- Miss Universe Iraq, Israel contestants' selfie draws death threats
- Enrique Iglesias and his girlfriend welcome twin babies
- Twitter Starts Banning Extremists Under New Rules, Which Exempt Trump
- People With Egg Allergies Can Now Get The Traditional Flu Shot
- Trump disputes report he was angry over Gorsuch comments