Following news this week that Apple has sold-out of AirPods in numerous countries around the world amid the busy holiday shopping season, a new report from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggests Apple is planning an "upgraded" version of AirPods to launch during 2018. Kuo noted that the new AirPods will incorporate a "smaller quartz component", but didn't provide any other details on what might be expected in the next-generation wireless earbuds.
The festive sales rush has left Apple's prized wireless AirPod headphones in short supply, with the Apple Store sold out until January.
No further information has been provided about the improvements that might be made to the new AirPods.
Apple previewed AirPower and the new AirPods charging case at the September event, alongside iPhone X. It demoed the product - the first inductive charging to mat able to charge an iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods simultaneously - but did not talk availability or pricing.
Islamic State Attack In Kabul Ended, Three Militants Reported Killed
Gunmen stormed a military training centre in the Afghan capital, Kabul, triggering clashes with police. The attackers reportedly used rocket-propelled grenades and light weapons.
Apple's AirPods have proven to be extraordinarily popular this year. Unfortunately for those on the hunt, the AirPods now read "deliveries from January 3" on the Apple Store.
With an AirPods 2 launch date coming late next year, it's possible that they will be intended for use with the next generation of phones.
Apple is facing a great problem to have this holiday season.
- Kevin Gorman's Take 5: Patriots steal one from Steelers
- BlackBerry Priv no longer receiving monthly updates
- Twitter suspends accounts of far-right British group retweeted by Trump
- Jonghyun: Fans mourn death of SHINee K-pop star
- Ronaldo Breaks Club World Cup Record
- Miss Universe Iraq, Israel contestants' selfie draws death threats
- Rose McGowan rips protest of stars sporting black to Globes
- NBC Paid Staffer Severance After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Harassment
- When is it? What time does it start? How to watch
- Uncertainty abounds over planned strike by Ryanair pilots