Despite delivering the bad news, BlackBerry did say that if a critical vulnerability is discovered and exposed, it will work with its partners to develop a fix so that it can update the handset. BlackBerry has confirmed that, as the device is more than two-year's old, it'll no longer continue to receive updates. People who have other BlackBerry devices will be offered "a significant discount and incentive" to upgrade to either the KeyOne or the Motion.
Just as Blackberry promised, the company has stopped issuing updates for the Blackberry PRIV right on the 24-month mark.
"Transgender" among list of words reportedly banned at the CDC
According to CNN, "Health and Human Services spokesman Matt Lloyd disputed the report in a statement to CNN". Three words that had been flagged in these drafts were " vulnerable ", " entitlement ", and " diversity ".
BlackBerry already has something of a devout (if no longer enormous) following due to its phones having unique characteristics - things like proprietary security features and physical keyboards. Although BlackBerry PRIV never got updated to even Android 7.0 Nougat, BlackBerry did support it for full 23 months in terms of security updates. The smartphone has a slider QWERTY keypad as well.
Add that BlackBerry owners Priv'll still be able to rely on a warranty fix - this component support anybody did not cancel, plus, if the firmware of the smartphone will found a very serious vulnerability, the patch for it will be released in the shortest possible time. While BlackBerry kept rolling constant updates for the standard two-year update warranty period that every Android device comes with, it won't get these monthly updates anymore. There is also a 32GB of onboard storage and a microSD card slot for further expansion up to 2TB. It has a 2-megapixel front camera. The Priv was backed by a non-removable 3,410 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 technology.
- Rose McGowan rips protest of stars sporting black to Globes
- WWE announce details regarding first ever Women's Royal Rumble match
- Google is officially shutting down Tango AR after three years
- Four children killed after school bus and train collide in southern France
- Ducks Look To Finish Strong vs Boise State
- Enrique Iglesias and his girlfriend welcome twin babies
- Rudy Gobert Injury Update
- Browns look for first win of season against Ravens
- Kevin Gorman's Take 5: Patriots steal one from Steelers
- When is it? What time does it start? How to watch