Slick spots could develop on the roads, but temperatures are expected to remain above freezing in most areas until Friday evening.
Some wind accompanied by rain or more accumulating snow is possible Monday night into Tuesday, the weather service said. The higher snow rates will most likely come sometime between 8 a.m. and noon; the precipitation tapers off tomorrow afternoon. Temperatures should go above freezing, into the mid to upper 30s, by late morning and through the afternoon, easing the ice issue on roads. Still, some minor accumulations will be possible for some.
Say it ain't going to snow in the Deep South, is it?
Colder air will continue to spill into Georgia from the north Friday thanks to another cold front. Some on the northern edge could see nothing at all, and others on the southern part could see all rain.
Winter storm hitting Deep South not expected to impact Northeast Mississippi
This is the biggest question mark with Friday morning forecast.
There may be a few hours before sunrise Friday where the cold air and moisture overlap to produce light snow showers, especially south of I-10.
Southeast Louisiana hasn't experienced snow accumulation since February 10, 2012, when about 1 inch fell in the Baton Rouge area.
Butts County is not included in the advisory, but residents who may be traveling north on Friday should use caution. Some of our models are hinting at a final push of moisture that swings through overnight Friday into Saturday morning.
Plants and pets will also need to be protect for these freezing temperatures.
Fallen Kingdom': 'Blowing up the island'
And yes, it is indeed a nasty piece of work, with one of its signature traits being that it actually ate other dinosaurs. A hilarious new promo featuring Pratt, Dallas Howard and Youtube personality Zach King may actually explain it though.
- Goldstone Followed Up On Trump Tower Meet With Trump Aide, His Client
- Mueller spent $6.7M in Russian Federation probe
- Australia Passes Marriage Equality in Landslide Vote
- Rep. John Conyers Announces Retirement Amid Misconduct Accusations
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV is getting Nintendo Wii games in China
- Met Éireann issues Donegal with Storm Caroline weather warning
- Stephen Curry has no structural damage in injured right ankle
- Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams Developing Next Star Trek Film
- Instagram Introduces Private Archive To Automatically Save 24 Hour Stories
- FBI, Nebraska police say foul play suspected