Slick spots could develop on the roads, but temperatures are expected to remain above freezing in most areas until Friday evening.
Some wind accompanied by rain or more accumulating snow is possible Monday night into Tuesday, the weather service said. The higher snow rates will most likely come sometime between 8 a.m. and noon; the precipitation tapers off tomorrow afternoon. Temperatures should go above freezing, into the mid to upper 30s, by late morning and through the afternoon, easing the ice issue on roads. Still, some minor accumulations will be possible for some.
Say it ain't going to snow in the Deep South, is it?
Colder air will continue to spill into Georgia from the north Friday thanks to another cold front. Some on the northern edge could see nothing at all, and others on the southern part could see all rain.
Long Island weather: Chilly start to weekend with snow in forecast
This is the biggest question mark with Friday morning forecast.
There may be a few hours before sunrise Friday where the cold air and moisture overlap to produce light snow showers, especially south of I-10.
Southeast Louisiana hasn't experienced snow accumulation since February 10, 2012, when about 1 inch fell in the Baton Rouge area.
Butts County is not included in the advisory, but residents who may be traveling north on Friday should use caution. Some of our models are hinting at a final push of moisture that swings through overnight Friday into Saturday morning.
Plants and pets will also need to be protect for these freezing temperatures.
Mueller spent $6.7M in Russian Federation probe
Mueller is investigating Russian attempts to influence the 2016 USA election and any possible collusion by Trump associates. The bank rejected demands in June by US House Democrats to provide details of Mr Trump's finances, citing privacy laws.
- Spanish judge withdraws arrest warrant for Puigdemont
- Shooting reported at high school in New Mexico
- National Football League strongly considering one-game suspension for JuJu Smith-Schuster
- GM rolls out Marketplace shop-and-drive app
- Eating Cheese Every Day May Actually Be Good for You
- Recent clashes in Yemen capital killed at least 234: ICRC
- Netflix's Black Mirror Reveals Season 4 Trailer, Release Date
- Bridge Constructor meets Portal in Bridge Constructor Portal
- Dem plans to force House floor vote on impeaching Trump
- Texas cheerleader's invisible box challenge goes viral