A new study indicates that a little bit of cheese is good for you. Overall, people who consumed high levels of cheese had a 14% lower risk of developing coronary heart disease and were 10% less likely to have a stroke than those who rarely or never ate cheese. People with the greatest health benefits from cheese ate around 40 grams per day, which is the size of a matchbook.
Experts, however, warn that this is not linear - in short, the study does not mean that people should start consuming blocks of cheese to prevent heart disease.
With it's high fat content, Cheese isn't typically thought of as a heart-healthy food. (But the findings were) certainly different from what people might expect. Now, a new saturated fat has fallen under the scrutiny of researchers: cheese. More isn't necessarily better, though. But the benefits outweigh the bad when it comes to cheese.
Bryan Singer No Longer Directing Queen Biopic
Director Bryan Singer has reportedly been asked to part ways with the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic " Bohemian Rhapsody ". In his absence, cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel stepped in to help direct for several days of shooting.
"Cheese can be high in probiotics, which tend to put you in less of an inflammatory state", Stewart told Time.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommend that around of our daily should come from saturated fats, and to switch to low-fat dairy products to help stay within this limit. "The key takeaway from this study is an important one: Cheese, as a part of a veggie-heavy, plant-based diet can be as beneficial as it is delicious", she says."All foods can fit as a part of a balanced meal plan". While it may seem like a lot of the dairy product, it's an average of 36 grams per day, which is slightly less than the amount recommended by researchers.
"We're always are searching for ways to minimize heart disease and reduce atherosclerosis", said Allan Stewart, director of aortic surgery at Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- IOC: Russians can compete at Olympics, but without flag
- Trump Working Against A Future Senator Romney
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV is getting Nintendo Wii games in China
- Stephen Curry has no structural damage in injured right ankle
- Recent clashes in Yemen capital killed at least 234: ICRC
- Honor 7X with 4GB RAM launched, available in India from Dec 7
- Mueller spent $6.7M in Russian Federation probe
- Dem plans to force House floor vote on impeaching Trump
- Texas cheerleader's invisible box challenge goes viral
- Baker Mayfield headlines 2017 Heisman Trophy finalists