The Cubs added depth to their rotation Thursday after signing right-hand pitcher Tyler Chatwood.
Chatwood sported a 6.01 ERA and 1.68 WHIP at hitter-friendly Coors Field a year ago, but his numbers on the road indicate the Cubs may have acquired a nice under-the-radar starting pitcher: 3.49 ERA, 1.23 WHIP.
Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams Developing Next Star Trek Film
The crux of Tarantino's argument was that the best Star Trek episode scripts could easily be expanded into a 90-minute movie. He has never taken the reins on a franchise, though he did once direct an episode of ER and a couple of episodes of CSI .
Chatwood, who turns 28 later this month, went 8-15 with a 4.69 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 33 games, including 25 starts, for the Rockies in 2017. He was tied for the league lead in losses despite the Rockies earning a Wild Card berth. Chatwood has never thrown more than 158 innings in a season and missed brief time with a calf injury in 2017.
Granted, Chatwood has a combined 23 quality starts over the past two seasons, but Chicago has established enough of a winning culture in the last three years that positive results will be expected immediately.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but reports by MLB Network's JP Morosi and MLB.com's Carrie Muskat pin the value at around $13 million per season. He also underwent TJ surgery in high school. They had few holes to fill, a winning core, and certainly didn't need to spend money on a mid-level arm to stay in contention in the NL Central.
- Rep. John Conyers Announces Retirement Amid Misconduct Accusations
- Starbucks opens its biggest cafe yet, 30000 square feet in Shanghai, China
- Alabama linebacker Mack Wilson shows appreciation for Jeremy Pruitt
- Man acquitted in Kate Steinle murder trial to face federal firearm charges
- FBI, Nebraska police say foul play suspected
- Netflix's Black Mirror Reveals Season 4 Trailer, Release Date
- Goldstone Followed Up On Trump Tower Meet With Trump Aide, His Client
- Stephen Curry has no structural damage in injured right ankle
- National Football League strongly considering one-game suspension for JuJu Smith-Schuster
- VW executive receives maximum prison sentence for his role in Dieselgate